This is your opportunity to join Woodland Park Zoo as an Executive Assistant to the Vice President of the Learning & Innovation Team! This is a full-time, regular, benefited position.
The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support to the VP and Leadership Team in the Learning & Innovation Department, ensures a smooth work flow, creates reports and memoranda, organizes, maintains and updates data (including highly confidential material), proactively manages schedules and routinely communicates with a wide array of individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as liaison with zoo staff, board members, partners, volunteers, donors, and professional peers.
- Makes appointments, coordinates department calendars, and keeps calendar up-to-date for VP.
- Recommends and/or establishes priorities for meetings and reports for VP.
- Supports directors in the Learning & Innovation department as needed.
- Supports departmental internal and external communications.
- Makes departmental travel arrangements.
- Tracks and prepares VP expense vouchers.
- Conducts bookkeeping/accounting activities including but not limited to expense coding and tracking, and payment process initiation.
- Schedules, books, coordinates, and assists in the implementation of meetings such as board subcommittee meetings, departmental meetings and events, and partnership meetings.
- Prepares and disseminates meeting agendas.
- Takes and transcribes minutes for board sub-committee meetings.
- Supports department wide operations, including but not limited to: safety, training, and employee onboarding processes.
- Manages departmental files or other confidential materials (electronic and otherwise) essential for the administrative operations.
- Assists in the administration of VP-led institution-wide initiatives such as community engagement, diversity, and inclusion.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations.
- Serves as team leader/coordinator for specially assigned projects.
- Maintains confidentiality of donor, board, partner, and staff financial, programmatic, and background information.
- Supports zoo and zoo board events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and organizational communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Focused attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, while handling sensitive material concerning the organization and the VP’s role within the organization.
- Ability to excel in team environment while carrying out duties independently.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests from multiple supervisors, and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Ability to collaborate well with all departments within the organization in a highly professional manner with a diverse group of individuals, both internally and externally.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Experience with database systems, accounting graphs, and internet research.
- Ability to use a projector and laptop to run meeting presentations and/or videos.
- Ability to travel to different locations to provide both onsite and offsite support.
- Experience in non-profit organizations is a plus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page (zoo.org/jobs) or this posting. No other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.