Applewood Centers is currently seeking an Adolescent Juvenile Detention Therapist who work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide mental health services to incarcerated youth. As the Adolescent Juvenile Detention Therapist, you will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and starting the treatment process with young men and women who are being held at the Cuyahoga County Detention Center.
As the Adolescent Juvenile Detention Therapist, you will also be responsible for clinically assessing and diagnosing individuals referred to the program as well as conducting brief counseling interventions with clients. You will work closely with DH staff and doctors to ensure children are provided appropriate care and interventions as well as develop and make recommendations for continued services and treatment for clients once they are released.
This is a great and unique office-based opportunity only offered through Applewood Centers with no productivity expectations! We offer plenty of team support, lots of opportunities for training in models for working with traumatized and criminogenic youth as well as flexible shifts!
- Master’s Degree, a valid Ohio Social Work or Counseling License.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience in the delivery of mental health services to children with complex needs is essential; as well as proven experience with clinical evaluation/assessment and crisis intervention.
Benefits: At Applewood Centers we pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture and team environment found throughout our programs. Our Core Values help set the goals and expectations of our employees. We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Medical insurance
- Generous paid time off including:
- 10 holidays per year
- 12 days of Extended Illness Bank time per year
- 15 to 25 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year depending on position
- Domestic partner benefits
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
Other benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Staff recognition
- Year round free CEU trainings
- Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com/
About Applewood Centers: From our roots as a school, an orphanage and a guidance clinic, through our evolution to the large behavioral health and social service organization we are today, our services for children and families have spanned over 175 years. In the early days, we schooled and cared for approximately 25 children. Today we serve nearly 6,000 children and their families each year. Our Mission is to foster solutions for children, youth and families. Applewood Centers’ vision is to be a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families.
For more information on our agency and the services we provide, we invite you to visit us at www.applewoodcenters.org.
Check out our recruitment video to learn more about a career with Applewood Centers!