Job Title: Intervention Specialist- Gerson School
Position Description: Applewood Centers is currently hiring a Middle School Intervention Specialist for our Gerson School. Plan and teach up to five classes per day in a special education setting. Duties include maintaining direct contact with students, parents/guardians, mental health professionals and home school district representatives. Responsible for detailed student records in compliance with ODE standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and teach assigned classes.
- Create and implement standards-based lesson plans with differentiation for all students.
- Advice, mentor and guide assigned student
- The qualified candidate will have experience in a special education environment.
- Valid State of Ohio Educator license, mild to moderate (K-12), HQT in math and science.
Benefits: At Applewood Centers we pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture and team environment found throughout our programs. Our Core Values help set the goals and expectations of our employees. We value our employees and their commitment to our mission:
- A competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
Other benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Staff recognition
- Year round free CEU trainings
- Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com/
About Applewood Centers: From our roots as a school, an orphanage and a guidance clinic, through our evolution to the large behavioral health and social service organization we are today, our services for children and families have spanned over 175 years. In the early days, we schooled and cared for approximately 25 children. Today we serve nearly 6,000 children and their families each year. Our Mission is to foster solutions for children, youth and families. Applewood Centers’ vision is to be a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families.
For more information on our agency and the services we provide, we invite you to visit us at www.applewoodcenters.org.
Check out our recruitment video to learn more about a career with Applewood Centers!