Job Title: Licensed Group Facilitator- After School Program (Year Round)
Applewood Centers is currently hiring a Group Facilitator for our After School Program. As the Group Facilitator, you will provide guidance and instruction to foster emotional, physical and mental growth of clients through therapeutic group facilitation, intervention and positive role modeling. This is a year round program offered after school as well as during the summer months.
The Group Therapist is responsible for the development, implementation, and co-management of group curricula and treatment of youth referred to the program. Youth 7-18 are assigned to one of four groups based on developmental level. Specific responsibilities include treatment planning in accordance with client needs, group facilitation, client supervision during group hours, assistance with crisis intervention, and problem resolution, timely completion of daily progress notes and other required documentation, and reporting and documenting of all special incidents.
As the Group Therapist, you will also be able to be flexible in adherence to changes of the program and the team in order to meet the client's needs as well as the needs of the program. The program provides structured, therapeutic group programming to youth who's emotional and behavioral needs significantly interfere with their ability to function successfully in family, school, and/or community settings and for who is at risk for being referred to a higher level of care if appropriate intervention is not implemented. During the school year clients attend the program after school hours and in the summer the program runs during the day. Clients receive services multiple times a week based on medical necessity and are receiving day treatment services which is an intensive group service.
- $1500 hiring bonus for full time employees
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, Master's level preferred
- Valid Ohio Clinical License in Social Work or Counseling is required.
- Knowledge of mental health assessment, treatment planning, child and adolescent psychotherapy, group therapy interventions, and an understanding of the DSM-5 diagnoses.
- Prior experience in the delivery of mental health services to children and adolescents in a group setting with complex needs is preferred, however training is available.
Benefits: At Applewood Centers we pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture and team environment found throughout our programs. Our Core Values help set the goals and expectations of our employees. We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Medical insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Domestic partner benefits
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
Other benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Staff recognition
- Year round free CEU trainings
- Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com/
About Applewood Centers: From our roots as a school, an orphanage and a guidance clinic, through our evolution to the large behavioral health and social service organization we are today, our services for children and families have spanned over 175 years. In the early days, we schooled and cared for approximately 25 children. Today we serve nearly 6,000 children and their families each year. Our Mission is to foster solutions for children, youth and families. Applewood Centers’ vision is to be a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families.
For more information on our agency and the services we provide, we invite you to visit us at www.applewoodcenters.org.
Check out our recruitment video to learn more about a career with Applewood Centers!