CalPortland - 'EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!'
This is us…
- Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich history spanning over 125-years
- Largest building materials contributor to some of the West's biggest construction projects including:
• Safeco Field
• CenturyLink Field
• Tacoma Narrows Bridge
• SR 520 Evergreen Point Floating Bridge
- Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
- 'Family' based company culture with a focus on safety
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
The Technical Support Analyst is the point person for IT support in a specific CalPortland region. As a local extension of the corporate IT organization, this role acts as a liaison between business operations and IT and is responsible to ensure high quality, timely and effective IT support of that region. This person performs these responsibilities in conjunction with the IT organization and in compliance with CalPortland IT standard practices and technologies. Key technologies supported by this role include: end-user computers, printers and peripherals, application servers, UPS systems, network/telecommunications equipment, video systems, ready mix batch panels, asphalt plants, wireless devices, time clock systems, fuel systems, mobile devices, and truck tracking systems.
This employee works closely with regional and corporate office and plant users/management to identify, prioritize and perform IT support-related tasks. Primary activities include advice and decision-making regarding selecting, purchasing and deploying equipment, troubleshooting technology issues, implementing new solutions, maintaining equipment, and understanding business requirements for potential IT projects.
Key responsibilities include:
• Support PC, printer (peripheral), network (LAN/WAN), telephony and data center environments using CalPortland Service Request and Change Control processes
• Engage in activities for project planning, monitoring and execution
• Document environment, create diagrams, processes and procedures
• Upgrade and install new hardware and software including (but not limited to) servers, PC, printers, networking equipment
• Facilitate IT-related work with vendors at regional sites
• Rapidly assimilate and apply technical knowledge to maximize computer operations that support business processes
• Follow policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected to ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time, based on best practices
• Evaluate new information systems products or services and suggest changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user
• Respond to after-hours emergency calls for the IT ServiceDesk, approx. 2 weeks every 4 months
• Participate in developing and executing business-process improvement efficiencies
• Develop and maintain best-practice consistency as required across all sites
• Recommend and provide training as needed
Bachelor’s degree desired
• 5+ years IT experience required
MS-Windows installation and configuration
Peripherals support and troubleshooting
Network connectivity set-up and issue resolution
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in collaborative team environment with minimal supervision
• Highly organized and flexible self-starter, with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously and reprioritize work appropriately in sometimes ambiguous and often changing situations
• Project Management experience is a plus
• MSCE certification preferred
Conditions of Employment:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
|We are a diverse company, with rich history and dedicated employees. Our mission today is no different than it was a century ago - Building Value through People, Quality, and Service with Integrity, Technical Expertise, and Commitment to Our Relationships, Reliability, and Environmental Leadership.
At CalPortland, we pride ourselves in maximizing and building upon the efficiencies and strengths of a vertically integrated organization. From cement manufacturing and aggregate processing to ready-mixed concrete operations and construction, CalPortland is dedicated to using all of our resources to make our customers successful.