Base2 Engineering has exciting opportunities on our new prime contract on site with our customer to Make the Mission Happen.
We are looking for a talented ASIC Verification Engineer with in-depth understanding of the ASIC. The position includes:
- Lead verification effort for ASIC
- Devise and document a verification test plan for an ASIC development.
- Assist with designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be manufactured, and reliable
- Apply ASIC or FPGA Place and Route (P&R) tools with various libraries to create physical implementations of designs
- Develop and maintain documentation for the P&R design flows
- Design new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Work with tool and library vendors to develop solutions for designers’ P&R design challenges
- BSEE/CE and a minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience
- Expertise using CAD tools (e.g., Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Synopsys) for synthesis, formal verification, floor planning, bus/pin planning, place and route, power/clock distribution, congestion analysis, timing closure, IR drop analysis, physical verification, and ECOs
- Exposure to current CMOS process technology, ASIC design flow, and design methodology challenges and configuration/data management
- Experience with System Verilog for verification beneficial.
- Experience with DSPs, MCUs, FPGAs, SoC and low-power design will be considered a big plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Clearance: All candidates must be fully cleared to include FS poly.
Base2 is an equal opportunity employer.