Under the direction of the Customer Projects Manager (CPM) or Operations Manager, as assigned, supervises hourly workers assigned to one or more Customer Projects for Dassault Aircraft Services. Responsible for assisting the Customer Projects Manager in driving the project to its successful conclusion. Monitors schedules, budgets, personnel staffing and quality of performance to drive customer satisfaction up and keep costs down. Prior to aircraft arrival and throughout the Project, works with the Customer Project Manager to coordinate all customer requirements associated with planned scope of work. In support of the Project provides Customer Project Manager with continuous information for communication with the customer. Expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in supervising bargaining unit employees as needed to maintain within budget the continuous flow of work including scheduling employees, assigning tasks, evaluating employee performance, monitoring employees’ attendance/tardiness and initiating/recommending discipline of employees where necessary for conduct violations. Must ensure bargaining unit employees comply with Company rules and regulations and determine need and arrange for training required for proper and safe performance of all tasks. Operations Supervisor will participate in hiring, promotional and termination decisions and grievance proceedings involving or otherwise affecting bargaining unit employees. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible to support the external compliance requirements as they apply to work under his/her supervision, particularly FAA and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S), working with responsible managers for adhering to requirements of all external regulations and Company policies applicable to assigned Projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluates customer feedback and communicates and promotes new concepts regarding procedures, facility improvements, processes and information to ensure customer is satisfied and customer’s objectives are met.
• Promotes and nurtures facility and customer relationships.
• Supervises hourly workforce’s activities to meet commitments and monitors hours applied to the work scope to ensure alignment with proposal.
• Tracks employee attendance and administers discipline for attendance program violations.
• Corrects, updates and approves logged work time for employees in preparation of payroll ensuring accuracy for all time worked.
• Evaluates need for and assigns overtime to bargaining unit employees where necessary.
• Evaluates, approves, and logs requests for leave and paid time off including vacations and floating holidays.
• Monitors and approves employee "call-outs" for sickness and other emergency absences.
• Monitors milestones to ensure the work scope remains on track and develops recovery plans when the work scope goes off track.
• Supervises communication and collaboration of the interfacing departments as necessary to ensure the smooth and efficient execution of the work scope.
• Identifies candidates, performs interviews, and recommends candidates for hire.
• Monitors pricing and pricing procedures and provides recommendations to Sales for program pricing issues.
• Assists Project Manager in quoting and approval of work arising out of the aircraft planned work scope.
• Has working knowledge of and collective bargaining agreement applicable to work on his/her supervision
• May fill in for Project Manager in chairing the pre-arrival, customer arrival briefing and departure debrief meetings
• Ensures the Customer Projects department meets all line services requirements of the customer at departure.
• Monitors the processing of the aircraft work order to ensure accurate and timely invoicing.
• Provides for the timely and accurate invoicing to the customer by ensuring regular and consistent review of the work order for accuracy and providing for preliminary invoice approval prior to the invoicing cycle.
• Assists Project Manager with customer follow up activities, as assigned.
• Communicates company and departments goals and objectives to Customer Projects personnel.
• Motivates, directs and develops those under his/her supervision through coaching and personal development planning, evaluates performance and provides recommendations for formal training as well as implements disciplinary action where necessary for employee performance failures and behavioral violations of Company rules and regulations. Where performance evaluations are given, provides substantive feedback to employees on areas in need of improvement.
• Recommends merit –based bonuses for bargaining unit employees based on evaluations and parameters of collective bargaining agreement.
• Recommends employees for promotion and schedules any remedial training.
• Identifies and determines, based on current staffing level and workload, the need for temporary agency employees.
• Maintains Project budget by managing and controlling costs and expenses during the fiscal year.
• Administers corporate mission and vision through development of department goals and objectives.
• Observes and administers company rules and regulations and safety policy as they apply to the Customer Projects Department.
• Perform other related supervisory duties.