ClearVista Health and Wellness is currently seeking a Weekend Nurse Supervisor!
The position works Saturday and Sunday, 12 hour day shifts.
ClearVista Health & Wellness is a state of the art Behavioral Health Hospital serving the adult and senior population in a contemporary healing environment
The Nurse Supervisor assists the Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing with administrative, clinical and supervisory duties as assigned. Develops nursing and direct care schedules to ensure sufficient staffing levels for delivery of quality patient care; reviews and approves timekeeping documentation for staff and coordinates with HR Director to ensure accurate and timely payroll submission. Assumes direct responsibility for observation, delegation, and leadership of the unit staff and patients. Administer nursing care to ill or injured persons by assisting in caring for patients by giving direct care. Coordinate and deliver quality general and psychiatric nursing care to patients hospitalized for treatment of substance abuse, dual diagnosis, or psychiatric or emotional disorders Serve actively and constructively as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, supporting the organization, program, and unit philosophy of care. Ensure the safety and well-being of each patient. Ensure all medical orders are followed, initiates and follows treatment planning, and acts as a patient advocate at all times.
Qualified candidates will be an RN, with previous psychiatric experience, supervisory experience, and a strong medical background preferred.
The RN Supervisor:
- Assesses the patient and care plan within set time-frames and documents findings according to policies.
- Supervises the shift team delegating tasks, such as groups, close observation, meal supervision, etc.
- Monitors patients for change of condition and respond accordingly up to and including notification of the physician.
- Follows hospital policy for medication administration.
- Consistently uses empathy, dignity, and respect when interacting with patients.
- Delivery of quality nursing care to ensure that goals of the treatment plan are properly executed following hospital policies and procedures and demonstrated nursing competencies.
- Assists/performs comprehensive nursing assessments on all patients.
- Ensures that physicians' orders are transcribed and administered accurately, and that medications are administered safely and accurately with demonstrated knowledge of indications and side effects.
- Ensures that documentation adequately reflects acuity (physical and emotional status), response to interventions, and progress toward goals.
- Communicates patients' responses to interventions to Interdisciplinary Treatment Team and daily report.
- Interacts with patients and groups of patients to enhance communication and delivery of quality care.
- Orients patient/family to program. Explain and enforce patient rights and act as the patient’s advocate and assure that patient rights are upheld; able to preserve confidentiality.
- Monitors patients for change of condition and responds accordingly up to and including notification of the physician.
- Delivers quality nursing care to ensure that goals of the treatment plan are properly executed following hospital policies and procedures and demonstrated nursing competencies.
As a ClearVista employee, the Nurse Supervisor will enjoy a competitive salary and a PTO package. We offer our full time employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Paid Time Off, 401K, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, and more!
If you enjoy working closely with the patient, family and healthcare team, and solving complex medical problems, apply now for immediate consideration!
- RN with a current nursing license as required by Ohio State Law.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current CPR license.
- Crisis Prevention Training (CPI) within 30 days of employment and prior to any patient contact.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience in a psychiatric health care facility, with direct experience working with psychiatric and geriatric patients preferred.
- Must be able to observe, record, and report on the general and specific physical and mental conditions of the patients, as well as the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of significant changes in the condition of such patients.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong medical background preferred.
- Experience in patient assessments, family motivations, treatment planning and communication with external review organizations or comparable entities.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with a team of inter-disciplinary professionals, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as state, federal and regulatory requirements.
- May be required to work flexible hours and overtime.