Base2 is currently looking for a Tech Writer to support an engineering team on-site with our customer. The Tech Writer must have a solid technical background. This individual should be able to interpret the technical terminology working side by side with the engineers.
• Gathers technical information, prepares written text
• Uses multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc
• Responsible for preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
• Responsible for preparing reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
• Works on all phases of documentation
• Under general direction, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
• Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
A strong technical writing background; skilled in documenting, hardware and software designs; and preparing briefings operating procedures and manuals are required. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to the technical team, management and the customer concerning status of work.
• Eight (8) years experience; in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional technical writing experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Candidate must have a current top level security clearance to include poly.
Base2 Engineering, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.