Job Title: Teacher’s Aide
Position Description: The Teacher's Aide is part of an interdisciplinary team that is expected to provide the highest caliber of instruction in the classroom. This position will be located in Shaker Heights, OH. Other duties include:
- Provide assistance to Teachers/Therapists in applying positive behavior management principles within a designed, individualized behavior program for students.
- Provides individual assistance in implementing the academic program designed by the Teacher within the Teacher's classroom.
- Under supervision from teachers, applies behavior management strategies within team designed behavior management program.
- Protect children from physical and emotional harm emanating from themselves, others, or the environment.
- Properly handle emergencies such as injury, runaway, and acting out situations in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Role model pro-social, mediation, and self-management skills Develop trusting, positive relationships among students and staff.
- Identifies student's immediate needs, reports same to Teacher and provides follow through as defined by the Teacher/Team.
- Respect the privacy of clients and hold in confidence all information obtained during the client’s treatment.All client-related documents should be handled in accordance with Agency guidelines on confidential material.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the student record through the timely completion of assigned documentation in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.All documentation to be submitted within set program deadlines.
- All required training, certifications and licensure must be kept current in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Care of students, which includes supervising students when using restroom, care of sick students, assisting during bus and school transitions.
- Has/maintains a good on-time and attendance record.
- An Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field is required.
- Basic knowledge of child and adolescent development, human sexuality, family dysfunction, psychology, sociology, and behavior theory along with openness to multi-disciplinary and eclectic approaches to treatment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills. Practical and creative problem solving skills a plus.
Benefits: At Applewood Centers we pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture and team environment found throughout our programs. Our Core Values help set the goals and expectations of our employees. We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Domestic partner benefits
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
Other benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Staff recognition
- Year round free CEU trainings
- Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com/
About Applewood Centers: From our roots as a school, an orphanage and a guidance clinic, through our evolution to the large behavioral health and social service organization we are today, our services for children and families have spanned over 175 years. In the early days, we schooled and cared for approximately 25 children. Today we serve nearly 6,000 children and their families each year. Our Mission is to foster solutions for children, youth and families. Applewood Centers’ vision is to be a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families.
For more information on our agency and the services we provide, we invite you to visit us at www.applewoodcenters.org.
Check out our recruitment video to learn more about a career with Applewood Centers!
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.