Get back to nature and join us at the beautiful Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum! As a part of the Custodial team you'll be playing an important role in maintaining the cleanliness of our newest exhibit the Packrat Playhouse (an indoor play space) and the surrounding areas to ensure that guests of all ages enjoy their visit to the Museum.
We are now accepting applications for an experienced Custodian. This is a benefits eligible, 32 hours per week position. Current shifts are listed but could vary due to operational needs.
The successful candidate will be available to work the following schedule including holidays:
- Monday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Packrat Playhouse)
- Wednesday 5:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Thursday 5:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Packrat Playhouse)
Note: The nature of the Packrat Playhouse requires you to be able to climb rope ladders and crawl through tight spaces in order to reach and disinfect all surfaces and windows. You must be at least 18 years of age, able to lift and carry 50 pounds, and have a valid AZ Driver's License.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This position was opened on September 18, 2019. Application review will begin immediately. Resumes should not be submitted without a completed questionnaire. Be prepared to include 2 - 3 professional (not personal) references on your application. Former employers and references will be contacted. Please understand that if offered a position, you will, as a final condition of employment, be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Reports To: Custodial Services Manager
Wage Progression: As of October 1, 2019 the Initial Step will be $12.07/hour with annual step increases based upon hire date and the bargaining unit agreement in effect at the time of the anniversary date. Current steps: Step 2: $13.16; Step 3: $13.55; Step 4: $13.82; Step 5: $14.10; Step 6: $14.95
Keeps Museum buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms including toilets and fixtures.
- Cleans external and internal areas of buildings including dusting, polishing, sweeping, mopping, stripping and waxing floors.
- Cleans all glass inside and out.
- Vacuum, spot clean, shampoo, and extracts carpets.
- Launders linen and makes Guest House ready for guests.
- Replenishes supplies in restrooms, closets, and kitchens.
- Empties wastebaskets and garbage containers and transports waste to disposal area.
- Empties all recycle containers, and transports recyclables to recycling area.
- Cleans debris, removes all debris and gum from all sidewalk and patio areas using brooms, walk-behind sweeper, blower, and/or hose.
- Cleans and stocks soda machines, removes outdated sodas.
- Cleans and disposes of bio-hazards
- Cleans up floods and other emergencies.
- Reports all repairs needed throughout the grounds to supervisor for repair.
- Set-up of furniture and equipment for meetings and events as necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.