Assertive Professionals is in search of GEOINT Standards Expert to provide testing support to the GEOINT Standards Division Compliance and Assessment GFMSA Team at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
• Coordinate GFMSA activities with the Test lab facilities to integrate GEOINT tests with the JITC interoperability certification process
• Review system requirements in regard to GEOINT production and use, and develop GEOINT executable tests to be integrated with Test lab facilities to assess the systems level of GEOINT standards compliance and performance of the GEOINT it produces
• Review and provide SME support in working groups for the update, rewrite, or creation of governance documents affecting GEOINT equities internal and external to NGA.
• Participate in the identification of standards, gaps in standards coverage along each node and rest spot in the data flow of GEOINT data migrating from the sensor to the intended ground stations and through the NSG enterprise via the DCGS to storage for exploitation and ultimately to its archive.
• Review and integrate new concepts associated with testing DoD and IC systems with GEOINT equities within the GFMSA process, and coordinate these concepts with Test lab facilities for integration of the GFMSA testing with the JITC’s process
• Assist in developing abstract and executable test suites for DoD systems for use in assessing GEOINT standards compliance and data performance
• Support to the monthly GFMSA operations meetings, quarterly Tri-chair meetings, and other meetings that relate to the operation and governance of the GFMSA
• Review, comment and provide advice relative to concurrence or non-concurrence with Initial Capabilities Documents, Capability Development Documents, Capability Production Documents, Capstone Requirements Documents, C4 Intel Support Plans and Information Support Plans.
• Coordinate document reviews, staff out to appropriate NGA reviewers, consolidate and edit submission, update tracking databases
• Assist in review and response to a wide range of DoD and Intelligence Community planning documents and warfare system concepts to ensure consistency in NGA and NSG GEOINT standards, architectures, strategies, methodologies, and policies
• Provide analyses to identify capability shortfalls or redundancies and compare alternatives for improving joint war fighting capabilities and their GEOINT interoperability across the NSG enterprise and within the Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E)
• Analyze and recommend integration of new concepts with existing planning efforts, and modify and/or formalize new concepts, experiments, tests and demonstrations to ensure horizontal and vertical integration throughout NGA and the DoD and IC programs and offices with which GFMSA is partnering
• Provide analyses, recommendations and review options for providing capabilities, including evaluation of alternatives, impacts and constraints in order to improve NGA’s and the DoD and IC programs and offices that the GFMSA is partnering with to satisfy GEOINT requirements
• Perform staff work to include assisting in the development of alternatives, prototypes, evaluations, briefings and internal office work breakdown structures to support GFMSA requirements and its overall processes
• Coordinate through the Office of NGA Defense (OND) and the NGA Office of Future Warfare Systems (MRF) to track JCIDS-related meetings: Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC), Joint Capabilities Board (JCB), Functional Capability Board (FCB) and coordinate MRF attendance
• Present briefings, attend meetings, and make substantive contributions to DOD and IC working groups, integrated process team acquisition meetings, and support Task Force meeting
• Maintain the quality of the GFMSA outreach products and coordinate updates and changes to GFMSA’s internal and external website (SBU, SIPRNet/Copper, NGANet), its brochures and recommend and construct other materials necessary to broaden the awareness of the GFMSA and the services it offers across the NSG to support GEOINT interoperability
• Assist in developing and delivering other appropriate papers, analytical studies, reports, or other oral and/or written communications
• Provide input as requested to the Weekly Activity Report describing significant events
Skills and Experience
• 20 years of experience
• Demonstrated specialized experience with test processes for assessments and certifications of interoperability
• Demonstrated specialized experience with GEOINT standards development, implementation, and testing
• Demonstrated knowledge of the GFMSA, its mission, services offered, and outreach activities
• Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD’s acquisition process
• Demonstrated knowledge of GEOINT standards, emerging standards, standards organizations, and standards processes for approval of GEOINT standards
• Demonstrated knowledge of the DISR and ICSR, their processes for populating their registries and their relation to GEOINT standards
• Demonstrated knowledge of the GEOINT standards Working Group (GWG) and its focus groups processes and procedures to approve GEOINT standards and their coordination activities with the services, IC, and other federal agencies
• Demonstrated knowledge of the US Military to include expertise in future and emerging warfare systems relating to motion imagery
• Demonstrated specialized experience with general DoD use of GEOINT
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) and their role with the GFMSA to test for the GEOINT standards compliance and performance of their data across the NSG enterprise
• Demonstrated knowledge of NGA organization and mission, products and support
Total yearly compensation: $168,000.