CalPortland - 'EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!'
This is us…
- Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich 126-year history
- Largest building materials contributor to some of the West's biggest construction projects including:
• Los Angeles International Airport
• The new Rams Stadium
• Staples Center
• Wilshire Grand Center
- Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
- 'Family' based company culture with a focus on safety
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
The Haul Truck Operator is responsible for hauling various materials on a mass reclamation and mining project. This project will entail mass excavating, placing, and grading over 10 million cubic yards of various materials.
• Operate articulating or rigid frame haul trucks safely with proficiency, and consistently achieve maximum production rates
• Manage assigned work location and follow OSHA/MSHA standards with little direction or supervision
• Perform necessary maintenance and preventative maintenance to assigned machinery and equipment as directed
• Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operation areas at all times
• Ensures that safety, compliance, environmental, and OSHA/MSHA requirements are followed at all times
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Education:High school diploma or GED
Requirements/Qualifications:• Class C license with no moving violations• Experience operating haul trucks with a minimum rated capacity of 40 tons• Must have reliable attendance• Must be able to understand grades and have knowledge of overall construction site rules• Ability to safely and proficiently operate trucks in various terrains and on changing road conditions• Familiarity with mass earthmoving best practices and principles• Must be able to work in a safety-conscious manner• Must be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, and other unusual elements, such as loud noise, dirt, dust, fumes, etc.• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, overtime and weekends as required
Conditions of Employment:Successful candidate must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://CalPortlandCompany.appone.com