• Sixteen years of age (min)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong desire to work with the elderly
• Must be English literate and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience in long term care preferred
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Reports to Activity Director
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Able to lift 50 pounds and go up and down stairs frequently.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATIONS
1. Collects data to assist in the Assessment Process documentation.
2. Facilitates daily events and programming to meet the needs to the residents.
3. Performs one on one interaction to enhance quality of life.
4. Implements Plan of Care.
5. Assists with development of activity programming.
6. Other duties: Completes all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS OF THE EMPLOYEE
It is the expectation that the employee complies with applicable standards of behavior and conduct, including but not limited to, standards of conduct, customer services standards, and professional code of ethics.