The Major Gifts Officer contributes to the creation and execution of strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of 100+ major gift prospects, including individuals, corporations, foundations and/or institutions with a capability of $10,000 to $1,000,000. As a key contributor to the success of Woodland Park Zoo’s comprehensive fundraising program, this position works closely with dynamic development and senior leadership colleagues to determine effective strategies for identified donors and prospects.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute successful fundraising strategies and tactics for donors and prospects within assigned portfolio. This is your opportunity to interact with communities in King and Snohomish counties to foster meaningful connections to Woodland Park Zoo.
- Seek out and develop lasting relationships with donors and their communities through collaboration, meaningful engagement and storytelling.
Who we’re looking for:
- Passion: You love working with diverse communities and you are eager to support Woodland Park Zoo’s mission
- Background: You’ve had experience with donor relations and stewardship, community engagement and growing donors’ connection and philanthropy to your organization
- Attitude: You are open-minded, upbeat, strategic and seeking a team-oriented atmosphere
- Communication: You are a dynamic communicator who is excited to connect with people from all backgrounds and walks of life
For the detailed job description, click here.
Application Directions and Deadline: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs page (zoo.org/jobs) or this posting. Cover letter and resume are required. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.