Job Title: Fire Alarm Service Technician
Division: Life Safety
Location: Wash. Metro Area
Shift: 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Reports To: Field Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared date: 9/10/19
Service position in the repair, troubleshooting, layout and installation of installed fire alarm systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- High degree of working knowledge or ability to understand the different types of fire alarm systems installed in the area including but not limited to: Old coded fire alarm systems Old 120 volt series bell circuits (i.e. Ellenco, Edwards) Hardwired 24 volt parallel systems Multiplex systems Addressable systems Previous experience testing and inspecting installed systems required.
- Good service/customer attitude and experience required.
- Must communicate well with the customer, office and other fire alarm technicians.
- Must have a good understanding of the local codes for fire alarm.
- Must be able to communicate with inspectors, office personnel, factory technical support or any other practical resource necessary to get accurate answers.
- Must be willing to respond to after-hour emergency calls required.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Mona will periodically check all drivers records.
- Use and knowledge of a personal computer is helpful.
- Must have good organization skills with the ability to write legibly and accurately in detail.
- Must know how to read blueprints and determine if local codes and ADA requirements appear to be adhered to.
- Dependability is crucial.