Tuknik Government Services has an exciting opportunity in the DC area for a Senior Budget Analyst. This is a direct, full-time position supporting TGS and our government client.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid time off, and more.
This position will be part of a team supporting a Federal client in supporting a variety of acquisitions, developing acquisition processes and proving subject matter expertise.
Act as the Budget and Cost Management SME for a Federal CIO shop providing support to the budget formulation and approval processes. Prepare annual and special reports, evaluate budget proposals, analyze data to determine the costs and benefits of various projects and programs, and recommend funding levels based on findings.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with program and project managers to develop the organization’s budget
- Review managers’ budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with laws and other regulations
- Combine all the project and program budgets together into a consolidated organizational budget and review all funding requests for merit
- Explain recommendations for funding requests to leadership and others in the organization as required
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within budget
- Inform program managers and leadership of the status and availability of funds
- Estimate future financial needs
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or IT related field
- 10+ years of experience
- At least 6 years directly supporting cost management and budget formulation for federal agencies
- Budget experience in an IT organization. Understanding of types of budgets IT organizations prepare and monitor
- Possess advanced writing skills that demonstrate document approach, document audience/stockholder identification, and document goals development
- Possess the ability to work well within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Possess the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with Federal consulting
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.