|The National FFA Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, status with regard to public assistance, or disability. We may verify the information in your application; therefore, please review it for completeness and accuracy.
Primary responsibility is to conduct leadership seminar/workshop for high school student’s conferences for seven weeks in the summer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: teaching conference curriculum, providing counsel to participants, motivating students, acting as a tour leader, and when necessary, disciplining conference participants. Staff members will also handle administrative tasks which include, but are not limited to: timely completion of expense vouchers, scheduling of their conference travel, and correspondence with local, state, and national FFA staff. Staff members are required to participate in three weeks of planning and training prior to the first conference. Must constantly work to improve the program and yourself as a trainer and leader. All trainers are required to be certified in First Aid/CPR once hired. Staff members are required to participate in a conference training held in the spring in Washington DC.
Mandatory Training Dates: March 8-15, 2020 and May 24-June 1, 2020
Conference Dates: June 2, 2020 thru July 29, 2020
Conference Location: Washington, D.C.
Compensation: $680 for training, and averages $932 for working weeks
- Must be able to perform the mental and physical demands of the position.
- Must have dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently in a frequently changing environment.
- Must have good interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact and work with a diverse group of internal/external people.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to internal and/or external customers.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, organize, use time-management skills and be adept at multi-tasking.
- Must be accurate, detailed-oriented and able to problem solve/analyze.
- Must be computer literate, and be able to make and receive phone calls.
- Must be confident in speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Must be able to use Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, and Final Cut Pro programs.
- Must have personal access to, and be able to use, a computer or laptop.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for the 2020 open training positions, please follow instructions below:
- Capture a video demonstrating your facilitation abilities and post the video to YouTube.
Video requirements: This must be a video of content facilitated in front of a live audience. We will be reviewing the video to determine your teaching/presenting ability, so we encourage that your content not be staged or scripted. Do not edit the video with extra graphics, music, underscore, etc. Due to high volume of applicants- videos that are edited will automatically disqualify candidates up to the discretion of the hiring manager. The video should showcase at least two of the following steps: setting context, giving directions or processing the activities. The video should also focus on building rapport, making connections with students and showcasing your personality.
Uploading your video: Please upload your video to YouTube. This will require you to create an account if you don’t already have one. Visit https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?hl=en if you need assistance uploading videos. After you have uploaded your video please include a link to the video on the top your resume.
- Click the link below to complete the online application process and upload a current resume. Be sure to include a cover letter, at least three references and the link to your video in the one resume file that you upload. All of the elements (cover letter, resume with video link, references) must be contained in a single file that you upload in the application wizard.
Due to high volume of applicants we will notify candidates of interviews, and offers no later than January 31st if your qualifications match our needs. We will not reach out to collect missing pieces of your application. We will not accept any applications via email outside of the application system. In order to avoid technical difficulties please consider starting your application prior to the application deadline of Friday, November 15th at 5:00pm EST. If you have a question about the status of your application and have not been notified by January 31st email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you have worked for the National FFA Organization as a conference trainer for the State Officer Continuum, 212/360, or have served as a National FFA Officer, within the previous three years and completed your employment in good standing, you need not submit a video. A cover letter, resume and completed application are required for all applicants. Being a return staff does not guarantee your consideration for this position.
Applicants must have applied and submitted all materials by November 15, 2019 5pm EST to be considered.
|About National FFA Organization
The National FFA Organization is a national youth organization of 669,989 student members as part of 8,630 local FFA chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The organization is supported by 459,514 alumni members in 2,236 local FFA Alumni chapters throughout the U.S. The FFA mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. The National FFA Organization operates under a federal charter granted by the 81st United States Congress and it is an integral part of public instruction in agriculture. The U.S. Department of Education provides leadership and helps set direction for FFA as a service to state and local agricultural education programs. For more, visit the National FFA Organization online at FFA.org and on Facebook, Twitter and the official National FFA Organization blog.
About National FFA Foundation
The National FFA Foundation builds partnerships with industry, education, government, other foundations and individuals to secure financial resources that recognize FFA member achievements, develop student leaders and support the future of agricultural education. Governed by a 19-member board of trustees composed of educators, business leaders, individual donors and FFA Alumni, the foundation is a separately registered nonprofit organization. About 82 percent of every dollar received by the foundation supports FFA members and agricultural education opportunities. For more, visit FFA.org/Give.