The Director of HR & Talent Management (HRD) manages the human resources functions, overseeing the internal programs, processes, and experiences that support the people doing meaningful work for the Foundation. This includes managing the talent acquisition process and researching and implementing best practices for recruitment and retention of staff.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and SVP of Development, the HRD will function as a strategic business partner to provide leadership and management of the human resources functions. The HRD will lead the Foundation’s efforts to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and diversity and inclusion.
The HRD will provide guidance and counseling to employees and managers consistent with the Foundation’s values and strategies supporting the best interest of the employees and the organization. In collaboration with Foundation leadership and outside resources, he/she actively participates in developing and implementing Human Resources and employee development programs that reflect the short and long-term goals and objectives of the Foundation.
The HRD is responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal employment practices.
Workforce Planning (Talent Acquisition, Retention, Development, and Engagement)
Develops, implements and manages talent acquisition and the entire employee lifecycle to ensure the ability to achieve the Foundation’s goals and objectives. Ensure that hiring practices, job descriptions, testing and training programs are in alignment with the Foundation’s goals and objectives.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, research and implement best practices for recruitment and retention of staff.
- Establish new hire development programs and career paths.
- Develops succession plans and future staffing needs by identifying and recommending programs to develop future leaders.
- Regularly participates in industry related compensation and benefit surveys to ensure the Foundation’s programs and practices meet the evolving needs of the organization and are competitive.
Training, Corporate Culture, Performance Management
Develops and implements training and development and performance management activities and programs.
- Ensures compliance with established performance management system and consistency and objectivity in performance evaluation.
- Coach and counsel managers and employees on workplace issues including, but not limited to, job performance, standards of conduct, employee relations and policy interpretation.
- Participates in decisions regarding promotion, salary increases and disciplinary actions.
- Makes hiring decisions within established level of authority.
- Actively supports the community groups, activities, and events identified by the Foundation and serves as an advisor to various internal committees.
Diversity and Inclusion
Partners with the Senior Leadership team to execute the vision for employee development around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Embrace diversity in all its forms to ensure departmental and Foundation staff are treated with respect, dignity and empathy at all times and in all situations.
- Ensures talent acquisition drives continued commitment to building talent pipelines for underrepresented groups and an inclusive hiring process so that our employee population reflects the diverse community we serve.
- Execute programs that foster growth, development, and retention of diverse employees.
Employee Welfare (Benefits, Safety, Work-life balance)
- Responsible for management of the Foundation’s employee health and welfare programs including health (medical, dental, vision) insurance, life/disability insurance, leaves of absence, COBRA, 401k, worker’s compensation, unemployment claims, employee assistance/wellness programs, telecommute and other related programs.
- Oversees the HRIS system for the Foundation to ensure the accuracy and security of employee data.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and develops the Human Resources and Administration staff to ensure continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- Manages day-to-day office administration services and facilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA degree or equivalent; Master’s degree or SPHR/PHR certification preferred.
- 8 plus years of progressively responsible professional experience in human resources and administration with a proven ability to lead an HR team.
- Ability to understand, communicate and enhance organizational culture
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience designing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- While not required, knowledge and understanding of the fundraising industry is valuable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume.
For more information please contact:
Sr. Search Consultant, HR Solutions Partners
888-774-1117 Ext. 727