|Desert Champions manages and operates a curated selection of sports and entertainment events and properties, the largest of which is the BNP Paribas Open held annually at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, operated by Desert Champions. In addition to hosting this prestigious sporting event, Desert Champions manages the Indian Wells Music Festival, Easter Bowl, the Oracle Challenger Series, and the USA Pickleball National Championships.
Nestled in Southern California, just outside of Palm Springs, the picturesque Indian Wells Tennis Garden is home to the second largest tennis stadium in the world, featuring 16,100 seats, newly renovated 45 luxury stadium suites, 12 broadcast booths, 20 food and beverage concessions and world-renowned Wolfgang Puck restaurant, Spago. The Tennis Garden, which spans more than 54 acres and boasts two 19,000 square foot shade structures, 29 world-class courts, eight acres of exposition space and a year-round full-service Tennis Club, also features a permanent 8,000-seat Stadium 2 with three fine dining restaurants, including world-famous Japanese restaurant Nobu.
- Strong leadership, management planning, and coaching skills.*
- Develop and execute a profitable retail strategy.*
- Oversee merchandise design, purchasing, pricing, and inventory for all events.*
- Meet with suppliers and adequately order inventory to keep Retail tent and tennis club adequately stocked.*
- Stay current with the latest retail trends*
- Rotate new inventory continuously and on a regular basis.*
- Develop processes, procedures, and management reports for retail functions including inventory management, profitability, loss prevention, purchasing, and analytical analysis.*
- Hire, train and motivate staff.*
- Provide direction to assure proper execution of product set-up and visual merchandising strategies.*
- Travel for various industry events and trade shows.*
- Develop an inventory strategy and system to accommodate multiple retail outlets.*
- Enthusiasm, commitment to excellence, self-motivation, a professional demeanor, is highly organized, and detail oriented.*
- Liaise and negotiate with Sponsors and vendors*
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, spreadsheets, budgets, invoices, and procedure manuals/handbooks. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to understand budgets and spreadsheets.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving volunteers, sponsors, and staff. A
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate to expert computer skills including excel.
Minimum of 3 years working in retail management, purchasing and inventory management. .
Professional experience in a high volume retail operation.
Superior communication skills, collaborative with strong leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Candidates should be able to work independently, multitask, and solve problems with other staff at all levels.
Proven track record in leading successful sales teams.
Demonstrated creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales campaigns.
Strong conceptual and strategic skills, and the ability to think “outside the box,” and strong customer satisfaction orientation.
POS, Personal Computer, laptop, telephone, fax machine, scanner, and copier
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee is required to sit at an office desk, walk the distance of the entire complex multiple times, and climb stairs, May be required to work many hours in a day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or over 35 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to indoor and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, wet, or humid conditions. Requires extended work hours, weekends, and some holidays as needed for special projects/events.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.