Job Title: School-based Counselor- BA & MA level openings- Cuyahoga County
Position Description: The School Based Counselor will provide behavioral health counseling, assessments, as well as other therapeutic services including clinical case management, consultation and prevention groups for children and families to assist clients and families with skill development, anger management, managing mental, emotional and behavior symptomology.
School Based Counselors work collaboratively with school administration and staff in the school setting to provide them, as well as the identified students with consultative support. Services to be provided primarily in the school but also in the community and home setting during non-school time. This position requires flexibility of schedule and ability to travel in response to the needs of families.
We provide individual supervision and group supervision for LPC/LSW candidates seeking independent licensure in a supportive team environment.
Schools are located on both east and west sides of Cleveland and surrounding suburbs. We have full time, part time and PRN positions available.
- A Master's Degree in Social Work or Counseling, an LSW or LPC is required
- Prior experience in the delivery of mental health services in the school/community to children and families with complex needs is essential.
- Bachelor level licensed social workers who have diagnostic and clinical experience will be considered.
Benefits: At Applewood Centers we pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture and team environment found throughout our programs. Our Core Values help set the goals and expectations of our employees. We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive benefits including:
- $2000 HIRING BONUS (full time status only)
- A competitive salary
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including:
- 10 holidays per year
- 12 days of Extended Illness Bank time per year
- 15 to 25 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year depending on position
- Domestic partner benefits
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
Other benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Staff recognition
- Year round free CEU trainings
- Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com/
About Applewood Centers: From our roots as a school, an orphanage and a guidance clinic, through our evolution to the large behavioral health and social service organization we are today, our services for children and families have spanned over 175 years. In the early days, we schooled and cared for approximately 25 children. Today we serve nearly 6,000 children and their families each year. Our Mission is to foster solutions for children, youth and families. Applewood Centers' vision is to be a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families.
For more information on our agency and the services we provide, we invite you to visit us at www.applewoodcenters.org.
Check out our recruitment video to learn more about a career with Applewood Centers!