Are you interested in saving young people’s lives with innovative products at a scale that boggles most people’s minds? At Gaggle, we are NOT looking for a developer to build just another business product or app. We’re intensely passionate about what we do: saving lives and protecting kids. We’re driven to deliver quality tools that prevent suicide, self-harm, violence and bullying by helping schools identify students in crisis.
We want a developer who is customer and product-quality focused and who will bring passion, experience and ability to our team: a person who knows how to build high-quality, high-value features rapidly and wants to make a positive impact in the lives of millions of students and their families.
What will you do each day? While coding and product delivery of Java-based microservices utilizing multiple Amazon Web Service (AWS) APIs as your core focus, some days, you will be working with the product team to identify and design new product features. Other days, you will look for ways to improve our process and efficiencies through clean code with an eye toward reusability and maintainability.
You will use your experience to clearly design and deliver important and high-value work. Collaboration with your peers, product managers and others on the technical team will allow Gaggle to define, build, and launch new and improved functionality.
- Strong familiarity with multiple AWS technologies (Lambda, DynamoDB SQS, ECS, API Gateway, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a team player
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Java development with an in-depth knowledge of the language
- Docker container experience
- Experience developing and scaling services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment leveraging the Swagger API toolkit
- Development experience in an Agile environment
- Frameworks and Testing frameworks: Spring, Guice, JUnit, Mockito, etc.
- Experience with version control systems, particularly git
- US-based, home office (remote) capabilities required
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by October 1, 2019. PDF is highly preferred over Word or any other format for both the cover letter and resume.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental and vision and participation in Gaggle's 401(k).