Get back to nature by working at the beautiful Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum! We are searching for a Reserve Status Guest Services Assistant who will make the most of their time with our members and guests to ensure that they start and end their visits with positive experiences. You will primarily greet, admit, and direct guests while selling single & group admission tickets through a computerized system. You will also sell ASDM memberships and explain the benefits of the various membership levels. Guest Services Assistants are also key in keeping communications flowing between our staff via calls through the switchboard and our 2-way radio system.
A minimum of one year of year computer experience, cash-handling, and customer service work is highly desirable. Familiarity with the Desert Museum is a plus. We are open every day of the year, so you should be available to work weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings as needed. What does Reserve Status mean? Reserve Status positions may work, on average, twenty (20) hours or less per week and are not eligible for benefits. The preferred candidate would be available throughout the whole year.
Note: Completed applications will be reviewed as they are received. Resumes may be uploaded while submitting your online application, but all questions on the application must be complete in order for your application to be considered for an interview. Be prepared to include 2-3 professional references. This position was opened on August 30, 2019 and does not have a closing date. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Please understand that if offered a position, you will, as a final condition of employment, be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Summary Meets ASDM guest service and communication needs by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Offers visitors a positive first impression of the Museum by professional manner and appearance.
- Sells single and group admission tickets utilizing ticket software that prints number of tickets requested by visitors and hand ticket(s) to visitor.
- Accepts payment makes change and handles cash and credit card receipts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Keeps daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold.
- Sells other items on occasion as needed, such as raffle tickets, special event tickets, etc.
- Assists visitors with wheelchair, stroller and electric scooter rental and usage.
- Assists visitors with lost or found items, minor first aids, separated parties, etc.
- May assist in coordinating group visits, including tour groups and school groups.
- May assist in compiling and mailing marketing materials.
- Answers questions concerning routes, schedules, and facilities.
- Explains and sells Museum memberships.
- May operate the PBX radio, pager, telephone systems and handling routine and emergency calls. PBX functions as communication center for Museum emergencies.
- Answers telephone in professional, friendly manner.
- Some cashiering duties such as the Sting Ray Exhibit and Plant Sale will require you to be outside and be able to work in all weather conditions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings.
The above position description reflects a general overview of the responsibilities, reporting relationships and position requirements for this job classification. It is not intended to be a complete description of all duties and requirements that may be inherent in the position.