What We Do:
CERT is part of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), a federally funded research and development center at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We engage in state-of-the-art research and development, and provide robust programs focused on ensuring that software developers, internet security experts, network and system administrators, and others are able to resist, recognize, and recover from attacks on networked systems.
CERT is looking to add a full stack software engineering leader to work side-by-side with our customers as they adopt new technologies, software development methodologies and systems architectures to rapidly deliver mission-critical applications in support of our national defense. As a technical leader you will provide the customer with deep insights and solutions to help solve their most difficult and critical problems. You will be expected to identify emergent hindrances and propose solutions for barriers to program success spanning the software engineering lifecycle. You will contribute to multiple customer engagements consisting of staff from various SEI directorates and represent CERT and the SEI to the customer and other external parties.
- BS in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or a related technical field with ten (10) years of experience; MS in computer science or technical/engineering field with eight (8) years of experience or equivalent combination of training and experience; PhD in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or a related technical field with five (5) years of experience.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission. This may include national travel to sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. (20% travel)
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Provide the customer with unbiased technical leadership in the areas of Software Architecture, Engineering, and DevSecOps
- Research and maintain familiarity with emergent technologies regarding the cyberspace and software development tools
- Assist the customer in adopting Agile software development methodologies
- Support the customer in aligning development milestones with strategic objectives
- Be hands-on, close to the technology, and help drive the direction of the organization in terms of cybersecurity, software development, and product innovation
- Reach back to the greater SEI and CMU communities to provide the customer with access to the resources they need for mission success
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert command of Software Engineering practices and methodologies
- Ability to function within a cross-domain teaming environment
- Practical experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.), container orchestration (such as Docker and Kubernetes), and modern (micro-)service architectures
- Practical experience implementing automated software build and deployment pipelines
- Understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as this is a customer-facing role
- Ability to learn new skills, programming languages, and technologies as necessary, and a desire to solve meaningful problems through technical innovation.
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a Department of Defense setting
- Familiarity with the Department of Defense acquisition environment
Job Function Breakdown:
80% Full Stack Engineering. Providing unbiased research, leadership, and hands-on technical support in the areas of Software Architecture, Engineering, and DevSecOps
10% Technical Expert. Participate in conferences and meetings; join marketing calls on clients; present technical talks as appropriate.
10% Research. Contribute to the broader software engineering and security community.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.