Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Must have experience with all types of manuals such as Framemaker, S1000D, tagged data, SGML, XML structured and unstructured content, Illustrated parts breakdowns (IPBs), job guides, flight manuals, checklists, et al.
- Must have extended experience in writing aircraft and commodity technical manuals and Time Compliance Technical orders (TCTOs) in compliance with TMCR and military specifications.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Strong communication, leadership, technical writing and logistic engineering skills are essential.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings and other data relative to operation maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of MIL-PRF-83495 OMMS Style Manuals.
- Must be able to draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Ability to support projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to qualify for Active SECRET Level Clearance
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person status.
Office Location and Travel:
This position is located in Warner Robins, GA.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a combined office and shop position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand, walk, sit; frequent bending, stooping and climbing; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs independently and lift up to 75 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Sharon Alred via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 586-558-8510 to request accommodations.