Outside Area Representative / Professional, Experienced Sales Person with Food service/industry experience.
Note: This is a home based outside sales position that requires reporting approximately twice monthly in person, in Westbrook, ME for sales meetings along with travel (50 mile+/-) in your assigned territory.
To be Filled: Immediately
Experience required:2-5 years of successful, proven outside sales; Food Service Industry and B2B preferred.
Minimum 40+hours/week - Must be available on call, in addition, to triage the emergency service needs of your accounts.
Must live within easy daily commute of the assigned territory
As an area representative for Native Maine Produce & Specialty Foods (NMPSF) you will be responsible for maintaining a large portfolio of current customer partnerships, drastically increasing sales within these existing accounts & constantly building new business through cold call sales calls & pipeline prospect management.
- Selling quality food to wholesale accounts within your region; Mainly B2B sales
- Occasionally delivering product to customers (ability to lift up to 70 lbs necessary)
- Provide strong attention to detail & account management skills while managing a large portfolio
- Training customers to enter orders into our industry software online
- Successfully manage multiple B2B relationships (200+) between the customer & the company
- Collect accounts receivable from customers when necessary, communicate with finance and sales management & follow through to ensure company collection requirements are met while maintaining solid customer relations through the collection process
- A self-starter with a competitive personality and a sales background
- High school diploma
- College degree or equivalent education and/or experience & education in sales
- Excellent sales skills!
- Strong planning, communication & organizing ability.
- Outside sales experience with a proven record of success in sales is required!
- A passion for great food & knowledge of the food industry is helpful but not necessary
- A valid state driver's license, ability to be insured, bonded and a satisfactory driving record along with reliable transportation (reimbursable) is required. A complete background check will be performed.
General Hiring Policies:
Resume is required for this position by Email. - Please put: Area Representative Position
A persuasive cover letter is required for this position by Email. - Please put: Area Representative Position in subject line and use this as an opportunity to sell yourself.
Phone inquiries cannot be accepted.
Unscheduled appointments for an interview cannot be accepted
Inquiries may be submitted by Email. - Please put: Area Representative Position in subject line. All resumes will be collected by HR for distribution to the appropriate departmental hiring manager. If selected for an interview, you will be called for an in-person meeting.
Native Maine Produce & Specialty Foods is a leading New England based wholesale food distributor serving customers throughout Maine, New Hampshire & Massachusetts with delivery of fresh produce, dairy, meats & specialty foods. Stocking over 3,000 food products sourced from Maine & around the globe, our customers are provided with high quality, in-stock products & exceptional customer service. Native Maine is a highly regarded and accredited, official USDA approved GAP and GHP food distributor. We are locally operated & managed and provide our highly valued employees with a safe and professional workplace.
Our full-time employees enjoy company benefits including paid time off (PTO), health & dental insurance options, 401K with generous company match, substantial employee purchase program (grocery discounts) & advancement opportunities within. Your own, dependable, insured transportation is required, however a generous vehicle allowance, use of a company owned iPhone & iPad is provided as part of your total compensation package.
Company Contact Details:
HR Manager, Native Maine Produce & Specialty Foods
10 Bradley Drive
Westbrook, ME 04092-2011
Job Type: Full-time