Job Title: Server and Desktop Administrator
Reports to: Planning and Systems Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: EX02
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The server and desktop administrator plans, implements, oversees, and maintains the server and desktop infrastructure, and assists with the completion of IT related project responsibilities within the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of Directors.
- Assist departmental management with development of systems standards, short and long-term goals, project management, and strategic directions.
- Analyzes business needs, and recommends appropriate technology solutions to meet users' needs and departmental standards.
- Implements and maintains domain controllers, servers, workstations, security firewalls, system applications, and network connections.
- Designs, configures, monitors and optimizes Bank systems for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs.
- Performs file maintenance on servers, domains, e-mail, user files, and databases.
- Performs oversight and administration of the Bank's Patch and Vulnerability Management Programs.
- Designs, configures, maintains, and manages various security controls implemented on the Bank's network.
- Configures, monitors, and maintains anti-virus programs to insure network and systems integrity.
- Provides oversight and administration of user access to IT systems, services, and applications.
- Works with telecommunications engineers to integrate voice, data and video applications on the local and wide area networks.
- Analyzes, recommends, and evaluates new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Develops, maintains and updates a library of technical documentation.
- Performs advanced diagnostics and maintenance on desktop devices when additional expertise is required.
- Assumes contractual management responsibilities, assists in requests for proposals, vendor selection, and contract monitoring.
- Works with cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of information technology. Assists in the training of other information systems personnel to improve their technical skills.
- Keeps current on new developments and techniques in information technology.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or equivalent level of education and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
- Master’s degree in computer engineering related field.
Valid driver’s license required, travel using personal vehicle. Occasional overnight travel as needed.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.