What We Do: The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Position Summary: The Situational Awareness Intern will serve in a part-time capacity as a member of SEI's CERT Division's Situational Awareness Analysis Team in the Monitoring and Response Directorate. The Situational Awareness Intern will serve in a multi-disciplinary role providing support to the SA Analysis team. Activities will include assisting with documentation revision, analytic development, and market research and literature review. The candidate should be generally knowledgeable in the field of computer science.
- Enrolled in a degree granting program.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI's overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community.
- You will be subject to a background check and must be eligible to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, reasoning, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to interact with campus community and external customers.
- A willingness to assume responsibility and to exercise sound judgment.
- A working knowledge of Desktop with Windows.
Job Function Breakdown:
25% Documentation revision
25% Analytic development
25% Market Research
25% Literature Review
TOTAL = 100%
Please visit 'Why Carnegie Mellon' to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.