Under minimal supervision, maintenance techs perform a variety of general and preventative maintenance duties. Performs equipment inspections, building repairs, and specialized construction services. Maintains required records and coordinates outside services as necessary.
Maintenance techs are responsible for maintaining the extensive heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation systems in facility. The equipment they operate includes boilers, air-conditioning equipment, pumps, condensers, generators, and compressors.
COGNITIVE, MENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
• Ability to work independently, to establish priorities, and to follow through in the completion of tasks.
• Exhibits and promotes a positive attitude and outlook in the workplace and in the community.
• Demonstrates behavior that is conductive to the professional operation of the organization
• Must have good communication skills
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft application, email and internet
• Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
• Life safety regulations experience in the healthcare setting
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATIONS
1. Complies with NFPA, Life Safety and OSHA regulations
2. Executes preventative maintenance schedules
3. Constant alertness to needed repairs and replacements
4. Routinely inspects equipment, building and grounds
5. Subject to emergency call on off duty hours
6. Handles and manipulates tools and equipment
7. Possesses knowledge of building and safety codes
8. Possess knowledge of equipment in Maintenance Department
9. Ability to make minor repairs on equipment and, in some cases, major repairs
10. Operates and maintains all equipment in maintenance department to include such items as boilers, power generators, compressors, air conditioners, electrical motors, diesel and gas engines, hydraulic controls, pneumatic thermostatic controls and pneumatic valves
11. Performs other duties such as gas welding, arc welding, braze weld and soft solder, plumbing, electrical and carpentry, and refrigeration. Also, know the proper techniques for the handling of hazardous waste, and chemical waste.
12. Employee exhibits knowledge of compliance with infection control policies, procedures and methodology
13. Participates in staff meetings, continuing education programs, continuous quality improvement programs and quality assurance. Attends mandatory in-service yearly, Fire, Safety, disaster and Infection Control. Complies with universal blood and of body fluid precautions
14. Adheres to personnel and departmental policies and procedures
15. Is able to assess the developmental needs of residents and plan/adjust care, services, and instruction appropriately within the scope of his/her job responsibilities
16. Participates in and is an advocate of departmental and interdepartmental communication within facility to facilitate improved customer service and patient outcomes
17. Reports to work when scheduled and demonstrates flexibility of personal time when requested to come in on a schedule day off
18. Adheres to facility and departmental safety policies. Notifies supervisor of any safety concerns/hazards to staff and/or patients/residents
19. Successfully completes required annual job specific competency testing
20. Work time is used productively, equipment and supplies are taken care of properly (cost conscience use of supplies, disposable/non-disposable/recycled) and breaks/lunches are within the time allotted
21. Other duties: Completes all other duties as assigned
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS OF THE EMPLOYEE
It is the expectation that the employee complies with applicable standards of behavior and conduct, including but not limited to, standards of conduct, customer services standards, and professional code of ethics.