Job Title: Fraud Analyst
Reports to: Information Security Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE12
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Fraud Analyst role is responsible for taking calls from branches and other internal departments and collecting, reviewing, responding, and analyzing data and/or documentation and to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and/or regulatory and risk requirements as it relates to fraud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
- Reporting of productivity, quality, and other ad hoc requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Application of various methods, procedures, and knowledge of the business unit's product(s) and system application(s).
- Performs routine, analytical review of data and/or documentation which may include customer data and/or review for fraud/risk activities.
- Participate in projects requiring coordination with other departments.
- Develop fraud models, strategies and controls to mitigate fraud loss while balancing customer experience, operational and product P&L impacts.
- Reporting on overall Fraud losses and trends in addition to monitoring strategy performance.
- Drive reductions in fraud losses through effective rule and model management, analytics and partnership with internal departments and vendors.
- Provide support for review, research and reporting of fraud alerts from various sources (online banking, ach, wire, card, etc.).
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
- Proficiency with database applications/programming (eg SQL).
- Knowledge of data extraction/mining tools.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel required.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.