Maintenance workers do routine and preventive maintenance and repairs for buildings, facilities and equipment. They troubleshoot problems and make sure technical operations are in proper running order. This position reports to the supervisor of building maintenance.
- Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior.
- Contacts and schedules vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations.Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others in building.
- Performs preventative maintenance on forklifts.
- Decision Making.
- Time Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.