Job Title: Assistant Branch Manager II
Reports to: Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Grade: NE12
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
The Assistant Branch Manager supports the branch manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to ensure all operational functions are completely and properly performed by the staff while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security and satisfaction to customers and staff. The duties of the assistant branch manager are contingent on the scope of the services that are offered at the facility. The Assistant Branch Manager must have a familiarity with residential mortgages, IRA services and personal banking products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of Directors.
- Covers a branch office without an assigned manager.
- Manages branch in the absence of branch manager.
- Supervises head teller and tellers in the manager's absence.
- Build and promote branch identity, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
- Provides quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects in adherence with company policy.
- Handles customer issues in person or over the phone with their bank product or service by assisting in researching and solving the issue.
- Reviews and approves requests to include approval to cash large checks, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas such as operating control loss, tellers' level of experience, bank secrecy, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours:
Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.