The Lead Caregive (Care Manager in training) position is someone who can work independently, demonstrate client and caregiver management skills, and have a servant's heart. The Lead Caregiver will be the "righ hand" to the Care Manager. Ultimate goal for the Lead Caregiver is happy Clients, families & Caregivers and no missed shifts. This includes responding to requests in an quick, efficient and professional manner.
The Lead Caregiver will work an average of 20-30 hours on regular shifts and will spend the remaining time covering last minute shifts and assisting with administrative duties. Factors will include availability, needs of the clients. Supervisor visits to the clients home or facility weekly to check on clients and caregivers. Interact and train Caregiver Team to ensure professional growth and development of each member. Also, develop and implement a written plan of care for each client with input from Intake. Assure the plan of care is reviewed on-site, updated, approved and signed by appropriate agency personnel and the client or designated family member quarterly and as necessary based on changing client needs.
Other key Support Functions are:
- Participate in periodic agency events in the community
- Be knowledgeable in the agency service lines, service fees and client base.
- Able to effectively communicate what makes Right at Home different
- Stategic scheduling of caregivers to assure that client's schedules are filled at least one month in advance; the Lead Caregiver will be responsible for covering last minute shifts if scheduling wasn't completed or if a replacement caregiver isn't available.
- Active and effective in training new staff members
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Case Management/scheduling experience is a plus.
- Possess strong computer skills. Prefer knowledge with client/caregiver software programs
- Knowledge of common medical terminology.
- Be available as required for on-call duty outside of normal office hours
- Valid driver's license with a reliable vehicle ready and able to travel up to a two hour distance if/when needed.