Armed Security Officers serve as a safeguard to the client's premises and a customer service representative, providing escort for vendors and visitors, conducting foot patrols, controlling access as required, and providing general and armed security for the facility. Must be able to meet and continue to meet applicable state, county and municipal licensing and perm it requirements for armed security work, specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Stand guard at security officer post, directing visitors, issuing access badges, and providing escorts as necessary.
2. Responds to unusual or emergency situations at client's site using the appropriate escalation of force up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
3. Log visitor data and other basic reports in security computer system.
4. Conduct foot patrols in accordance with post orders.
5. Respond to alarms and emergencies as directed in post orders.
6. Look for and report potential safety hazards.
7. Wear and maintain appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as outlined for the position and follow all PPE policies and procedures.
8. Follow all client site specific duties, as required and outlined in post-orders.
9. Work additional hours when necessary - fill open shifts, as needed.
10. Adhere to the highest standards of ethical business conduct and compliance by acting lawfully, ethically, honestly and professionally in the performance of their jobs at all times as well as be in compliance with company policy and procedures as it relates to their job function.
11. Assume responsibility for understanding and complying with Per Mar Security Services attendance expectations.
12. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by interacting with the Per Mar Security Services internal/external customers (including, but not limited to: current customers, prospective customers, clients, vendors, co-workers, supervisors and management) in a mutually respectful manner regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and all other protected classes.
13. When appropriate, inform customers of Per Mar Security Services of products and services and refer business to appropriate department.
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodations
Education and/or Experience:1. High School Diploma or GED is required. Technical training or college education in related fieldis preferred.2. Previous experience as a security officer, law enforcement or related field is strongly preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:1. Must be able to work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorizedweapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safetyand safety of others.2. Must be able to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergencysituations using appropriate escalation of force.3. Must be able to perform basic hardware and software computer functions.4. Must be able to stand/walk, use fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop,kneel, crouch, and crawl, talk and hear for over 2/3 of working hours.5. Must be able to sit, climb, or balance for under 1/3 of working hours.6. Must be able to communicate effectively and provide a high level of customer service.7. Must possess the values important to Per Mar Security – Integrity, Communication, ExcellentService, and Accountability.Licenses/Certifications:1. State Security Officer License is required.2. Must be able to meet and continue to meet applicable state, county and municipal licensing andpermit requirements for armed security work, specific protective device and weaponsqualifications.3. If in a driving position, must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.Equipment/Software:Ability to operate a variety of office equipment to include but not limited to personal computers, printers,scanners and calculators. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is beneficial.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://PerMarSecurityServices.appone.com