Be on the Forefront of History in Northern Nevada
Northern Nevada HOPES Director of Housing
The Director of Housing oversees housing-related programming and manages the implementation of the Hope Springs Project, the first transitional housing project of its kind in our area! This role will be responsible for the oversight of the housing-related programs offered through HOPES, oversight of the Hope Springs housing project including formation of the Resident Advisory Board, supervision of staff, program development and management and limited case management duties. This role will also monitor data and produce important reporting pursuant to the various housing grants.
Northern Nevada HOPES is a community health and wellness center serving the Northern Nevada area. We are a non-profit community health center located in a historic and quaint area of downtown Reno, Nevada. Our expert care teams provide integrated medical and wellness services to individuals and families in our community. We welcome everyone, and meet them wherever they are, providing a safe and accepting place to access comprehensive, patient-centered healthcare services.
Comprehensive, integrated care is the cornerstone of the patient-centered medical home; Northern Nevada HOPES has a robust offering of services and collaborates with other service providers in the community to ensure our patients have a comprehensive, well-rounded program to meet their individual health and wellness needs. The medical home model holds promise as a way to improve health care in America by transforming how primary care is organized and delivered. At HOPES we understand there are many determinants of health and that a range of personal, social, economic, and environmental factors influence health.
Important things to know about us:
- We are a certified Patient-Centered Medical Home, recognized by the National Commission on Quality Assurance
- We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). The mission of all FQHCs is to provide excellent health care services to otherwise under-served populations. We accept most insurance plans, Medicaid, Medicare, and the uninsured. For the uninsured, we offer discounted services based on a sliding fee scale.
- We are a National Health Service Corp site, and our providers are eligible to apply toward a federal loan forgiveness program
We have an impressive team of clinicians and providers and our current clinical and supportive services include:
- Primary medical care for adults, adolescents and children
- Behavioral health counseling
- Psychiatric care
- HIV specialty care
- Medication Assisted Treatment specialty care
- Hepatitis C specialty care
- Transgender specialty care for adults
- Nutrition services
- Comprehensive social support services
- Harm reduction outreach and prevention
- Laboratory, x-ray and pharmacy services on site.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Northern Nevada in 2015, 2018, and 2019 we offer the same attention to ensuring our employees have work/life balance and the opportunity to grow and develop their careers. We offer a second-to-none benefits package (where employee health, vision, dental and basic life insurance is free of charge for full-time employees), very competitive compensation, generous paid time off, and a chance to partner with amazing care providers to changes lives.
Our Director of Housing will:
- Ensures Housing program and Hope Springs goals and objectives are achieved within the designated budget.
- Develops processes and procedures to fulfill program goals and objectives.
- Gathers, tracks and reports program data and utilizes data for program improvement.
- Conducts needs assessments and collaborates to further develop and advance programming.
- Creates and standardizes policies and procedures.
- Provides housing services necessary to clients through linkage and referral activities including assessment, search, placement and advocacy assistance.
- Creates plans, implementation processes, internal control mechanisms and evaluative metrics for the Hope Springs project.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Housing program goals are met and daily operations are sustainable.
- Ensures day-to-day coverage for Hope Springs with staff and volunteers/interns.
- Ensures compliance for all applicable regulations and procedures.
- Partners with clinical team for crisis management and care.
- Addresses complaints and concerns; seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
Staff and Volunteer Supervision
- Provides expert guidance to assigned staff. Schedules consistent, regular individual and group meetings.
- Assists staff members in self-management and goal setting; optimizes performance through performance management opportunities.
Data Management and Reporting
- Assists in the development of monthly/quarterly/annual reports
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information of each client using various data systems, as required by program funding; daily data entry required
- Incorporates data into practices and makes necessary changes for successful execution of grant deliverables, drafting resulting policies, procedures and training
- Provides support to assigned case management staff and engages in client specific case management on more complex cases and during weekend coverage
- Models appropriate boundaries with clients, vendors, stakeholders and staff, including a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality and appropriate therapeutic boundaries.
- Participates in harm reduction, low-barrier, client-centered, judgment free case management and apply Harm Reduction Care and Trauma-Informed Care philosophies.
The person that fills this role will be a competent project manager especially skilled in housing programs and case management. To perform this role, our Director of Housing will be:
- Client focused and a masterful communicator able to influence and collaborate with a variety of people
- Skilled at guiding and developing staff, and
- Have a strategic focus and an orientation for action!
Please note this Director will work a schedule that includes one weekend day.
At HOPES, all employees serve as ambassadors to our patients. We exercise self-leadership, self-management, self-awareness and empathy. The people at HOPES are one of the many things contributing to HOPES being named one of Northern Nevada's Best Places to Work three times in the last four years.
Our Directors are especially tasked with effectively managing relationships, administrative oversight, risk management and compliance, fiscal oversight and developing and driving the strategy for their department
If you are passionate about creating change, tell us about what drives you. Help us understand why you are the best candidate for this position. We aren’t looking for a standard cover letter and CV because we’re not looking for the standard candidate. We’re looking for someone who has the passion and ability to create amazing opportunities! Tell us about your accomplishments, feature all your awards, and share with us your proven ability to exert positive influence and create and innovate opportunities. Tell us your life philosophy, what inspires you and how you will demonstrate all your wonderful abilities at Northern Nevada HOPES.
|Northern Nevada HOPES is a nonprofit community health center in downtown Reno, NV that offers integrated medical care and wellness services. We welcome patients, wherever they are in life, and provide them with compassionate, high-quality healthcare.
Our growing list of services includes adult and pediatric primary care, chronic disease management, wellness and nutrition, behavioral health counseling, substance use counseling, case management, a pharmacy, and more. Our team-based approach to care gives patients access to a range of comprehensive services in one convenient location.
For medically underserved populations, our one-stop-shop healthcare model reduces barriers to care and increases the likelihood of maintaining long-term health. HOPES accepts most insurance plans, Medicaid, Medicare, and the uninsured. For the uninsured, we offer discounted services based on a sliding fee scale.