The Cure4TheKids Accountability Creed
We are reliable, trustworthy and act with integrity
- We stand ready to be counted upon to do the right thing for the health and highest interest of our patients, our team and for the organization.
- We own and are responsible for our actions and outcomes.
- We take responsibility for our own work and efforts and do not assign cause or blame toward others for the results we are generating.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the Patient Experience. We are answerable as individuals and team members for all interactions our patients have with our organization, we are in charge of patient perceptions, across the continuum of care we provide.
We are transparent and open in our communication both individually and as a team.
- We are open and respectful in our communication. We do not speak poorly of others and bring our challenges and grievances openly to our team and manager.
We are responsible for doing our part for patient outcomes through continuous quality improvement and service excellence
- We are focused on personal, professional and clinical excellence and improving our skills and awareness as a contributing team member. We are open to feedback and training to improve ourselves and the organization.
If you said yes to all of these questions and feel you can add to our culture, please keep reading…
Important/Critical to the interview process to be considered for our team:
The following Accountability Creed is a crucial part of our culture and interview process. We consider our initial interactions as a mutual interview. Are you right for us and are we right for you. Be prepared to speak about how you feel about being part of a culture that embodies this creed. If in the initial phone interview, when you are asked to share your thoughts about the Accountability Creed, if you are unclear or do not recall reading it, you will not proceed in the interview process.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Are you an exceptional New Patient Coordinator who absolutely thrives on being part of an accountable team? Can you dedicate yourself to being part of a team serving the needs of children and their families? Do you bring the highest standards of integrity and professionalism to your team? Do you thrive in an environment where you are valued and appreciated for who you are, how hard you work and for that something special you bring to the teams you choose to work with? Are you looking for an organization that offers competitive compensation and one of the broadest and most comprehensive benefit packages available in the field of healthcare?
This is a role that requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to solving problems and patient challenges. We frown upon elitists who often use the phrase "that's not my job" or "someone else can do it". The primary goal is to bring the best patient care and experience for our area's sickest children, not about feeding anyone's ego.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITY and EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism on the job and projecting this professionalism to the Board, all team members (employed and volunteers), parents/patients, partners and stakeholders at all times.
- Creating and maintaining good working relationships with organizational leaders and team members.
- Building relationships that will support fulfilling current patient needs and maximize our potential with new patients and organizations in the future.
- Checking emails and responding appropriately.
- Participating in mandatory training.
- Creating and maintaining a gossip free environment.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Knowing, aligning with, and striving to achieve the Organization’s vision and mission statements via the Accountability Creed.
Assists the Supervisor, Clinical Services & Quality and the clinical team with coordinating the various activities on the clinical floor to ensure patient (parent) and provider satisfaction. Assists with preparing charts, ensures the needs of the patient are being met in a timely and efficient manner, prepares letters, orders home care and DME. The Unit Clerk is the clinical team’s liaison to outside agencies such as Make-A-Wish, NCCF and Candlelighters. Schedules follow up procedures and infusions. This is a full-time 40 hours a week position that reports directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager/Educator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for building effective working relationships with health care teams and community resources; the Unit Clerk requires excellent organizational skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to work in high stress situations.
- Prepares and compiles patient records as directed by provider: reviews previous visits to ensure that the charts are prepared with required labs, scans, X-Rays, etc…
- Ensures that infusion orders are complete as directed by provider; including any required anaphylaxis orders or other special needs based on the individual patient.
- Answers telephone and intercom calls and provides information or relays messages to patients and medical staff as needed.
- The Unit Clerk is responsible for any necessary forms for the patients (FMLA, School notes, letters, etc…), performing receptionist duties and communicating with other departments and areas within the facility.
- Required to work directly with the providers to provide high quality customer services, such as rapid turnaround of letters, on the spot completion of school notes, and the dissemination of educational materials.
- Ensures that the EHR has all required current demographic information, including preferred pharmacy, email addresses and other meaningful use targets.
- Participates in the monthly staff meetings, in-services and other committee assignments as needed to improve the patients/parents experience at our facility.
- May be required to call and confirm appointments, relay messages from nurse’s or providers to patients/parents.
- May be required to gather hospital billing information and complete internal billing slips.
- Responsible for coordinating home health referrals
- Coordinates with specialty pharmacy to fill specialty medications that are ordered by the provider.