· Register and assign rooms to guests.
· Issue room key and escort instructions to Guest Service Agent or directly to guest.
· Sort, and track incoming mail and messages.
· Transmit and receive messages using all communication avenues.
· Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
· Keep record of room availability and rate.
· Compute bill, collect payment, and make change for guests.
· Make, confirm, and cancel reservations via all communication avenues.
· Post charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone to guest bill if interface is inoperable.
· Make reservation, transportation, or entertainment reservations for guest.
· Deposit guest valuables in hotel safe deposit box.
· Ability to accurately use various office software.
· Have a full working knowledge and expertise of each shift including night audit.
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors.
· Ability to accurately report information.
· Ability to assist with various office tasks as needed.
· Ability to scrupulously follow all StepStone and hotel policies and procedures.
· Attend required meetings. 40%
· Professionalism and Style Expectations Weight
· These are expected of every associate within StepStone Hospitality, Inc.
· Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
· Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
· Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
· Conducts him\herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates.
· Understands and communicates the StepStone Mission and core values
· Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
· Actively listens to others.
· Conveys company information, decision, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
· Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.