CUSO Financial Services, L.P. is looking for a Controller to join our successful organization. Our company culture fosters and encourages innovation and growth by promoting openness, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position will be responsible for leading CUSO Financial Services, L.P.’s (and its related entities) accounting process and controlling functions. This includes CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), Sorrento Pacific Financial LLC. (“SPF & CUSO Insurance and Technology Services, LLC (“CITS”).
Position duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely books and records for the Financial Institutions Group within Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc.
- Primary duties include;
- Review accounting functions to ensure proper control environment
- Review and ensure accuracy in general ledger, and cash management
- Maintain and develop the financial systems, internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Manage annual audit itinerary and deliverables
- Prepare financial reporting
- Prepare FINRA regulatory reporting
- Establish accounting timelines and ensure all monthly financial information and other financial information requested by senior management are accurate.
- Manage tax service vendor for Financial Institutions Group
- Primary contact and administration of annual audits and administer tax requests
- Direct preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Assist in annual financial surveys
- Assist in establishing intercompany services agreements.
- Prepare and review consolidated AWS financial statements
- Assist in closing AWS parent company financials
- Assist in preparing AWS consolidated financial statements
- Sets and keeps consistent office hours at the CFS back office.
- Supports Company Mission and Corporate Values.
- Other projects and duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; with 10+ years of related accounting experience in financial or securities industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA and/or graduate level degree is strongly desired.
- Series 27 license required or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment
- Experience in accounting financial reporting in a limited partnership preferred
- Experience dealing with multiple business entities required.
- Experience with multi-state employees for tax and payroll issues preferred.
- Previous experience working at a full service broker dealer, investment advisor and insurance agency with strong understanding of products is important.
- Must have proven management/leadership experience to motivate and develop employees.
For immediate consideration, apply online at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2582750
CUSO Financial Services, L.P. offers a rewarding career path and potential for advancement as well as good benefits. Our collaborative culture offers community through shared goals and strong work ethics. To learn more about CFS, please visit www.cusonet.com.