The primary goal of the Retreat Coordinator is to assist the General Manager and onsite team members in the operation of the day-to-day business by increasing guest satisfaction in all aspects of their stay. This position will ensure that all guests have accurate information and all homes are guest ready. Guest Services personnel will function as one of the primary interfaces with all guests upon arrival and will address and distribute guest requests throughout their stay through the proper channels. This person will be responsible for the report of all guest and owner communication called into the office when they are working, documenting of all calls and, and that resolution is documented in NRES to the person it was assigned to.
- To assist in overseeing the operation of the North Lake Tahoe retreat and portfolio
- Supporting the General Manager and other team members
- To be a brand ambassador, promoting all NR locations and services to guests and colleagues alike.
- Ensure that all guests receive amazing customer service in all aspects of their stay from arrival through to their departure
- To ensure all employees are able to provide detailed knowledge of the local area passing this onto the Xplore team and guests alike.
- To ensure all residences meet NR housekeeping brand standards in terms of safety, cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure all properties are ready and correctly set up according to brand standards prior to every guest arrival.
- Ensure open, honest and timely communication to the onsite team, all departments and supporting offices at all times.
- Greeting guests, signing for packages, post office pick up, answering general office phone/questions
- Making arrangements with vendors
- Emergency on-call phone - all of team will be tasked with this responsibility
- Assisting with Retreat Marketing and Social Events
- Communicate with guests on the phone and electronically
- Perform complete Home Inspections (such as check-ins/check-outs) prior to guest arrival to ensure accommodation is prepared to Natural Retreats' standards
- Perform complete inspections following guest departures to ensure no damage to property has occurred and work with General Manager to rectify any issues encountered
- Identify, implement, and/or assist with projects designed to enhance and improve the services of the company
- Assist with the general administration of the office as needed and other duties assigned by management
- Responsible for reporting of guest incidental charges (lost keys, phone use, deliveries, etc.) to the Retreat Manager.
- Record all guest and owner communications called into office and enter in NRES. Follow up with person assigned to daily
- Maintain a clean un-cluttered front desk work area.
- Responsible for detailed knowledge of property inventory, location, amenities etc.
- Account for all housekeeping inventory ensure inventory is refilled needed.
- Prepare check-in packets for arrivals as needed
- Deliver items during cleans as required and act as the 'runner' to ensure all homes are guest ready.
Key skills and Job Requirements:
- Strong capacity or multi-tasking and self-direction
- Ability to work efficiently, reliably, and in a timely fashion
- Good administrative and organizational skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Team player who is flexible and open to feedback and continued growth
- Strong oral and written communication skills Basic knowledge of maintenance and home repairs is preferred
- Reliable transportation during extreme weather conditions
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to improvise and make quick decisions that incorporate multiple variables while keeping on task
- Proactive, flexible, and a positive ‘can do' attitude
- General Knowledge of basic maintenance items in homes
- Must have own car
Necessary Skills and or Education
He or she should possess the personal skills necessary to represent Natural Retreats in a professional manner whenever interfacing with guests, owners and industry peers. Including but not limited to taking detailed information and replying to it, deescalating owner and guest complaints with support from management to a mutually acceptable outcome. Typing and computer skills are required which will allow him or her to efficiently communicate with guests, fellow employees and industry peers. Computer skills will include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Lifting of heavy packages, laundry (upwards of 50 lbs) and certain physical exertion may be required in the daily duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel with hands and arms. This position will require walking for periodic periods throughout the day on an uneven surfaces or across company property and into homes. The employee may reach above should heights or below the waist or lift as required to file or store materials throughout the day. Proper lifting techniques are required. The individual must be able to lift 25 lbs and use proper lifting techniques. Lifting items include but are not limited to heavy packages, laundry, etc.
*Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hours of work
Due to the nature of the job, the Retreat Coordinator should be flexible with their hours. Weekends are busy and are generally required and considered working days with guest arrivals and departures. Guests can arrive at unpredictable times, and the Retreat Coordinator should always be available in case of emergency, which includes evenings and on call hours.