The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the homes within the Natural Retreats' portfolio in order to ensure an exemplary guest experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform diversified duties to troubleshoot and maintain core home systems (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electric, etc.) as well as basic repairs to home aesthetics.
- Opening and closing of homes and units for guests.
- Responsible for seasonal moving of furniture in and out of storage.
- Seasonal snow shoveling for walkways and hot tubs.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to homes and perform scheduled maintenance repairs.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance in homes.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions or seek assistance from approved outside vendors.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Knowledge of TV and Audio Visual equipment and operation
- Team Player
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail, especially when opening and closing units to ensure the quality of vacation rental
- Able to multi task
- Amazing interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and flexible
- Positive, Creative, ‘can do' approach
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen'
- ‘Can do' attitude
Hours of Work
Due to the nature of the job, the Maintenance Technician should be flexible with their hours. Weekends and holidays will generally be busy with guest arrivals and are generally working days. We encourage all of our team members to take 2 days off per week where possible, knowing that guests can arrive at unpredictable times and the maintenance technician should always be available in case of emergency. Generally, this will mean working some inconsistent hours.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.