SFPID provides mortgage insurance for Mortgagees against losses from financing the purchase of single-family homes and disposes of all properties acquired in exchange for payment of insurance benefits. When a homeowner defaults on a Single-Family FHA-insured mortgage, the Mortgagee presents a claim for insurance benefits to FHA. The SFCB is responsible for the payment of insurance benefits based on claims filed by FHA-approved Mortgagees.
Major responsibilities include (not all inclusive):
Functional Responsibility - The Financial Analyst is responsible for processing Forward Mortgage claim payments. Must have excellent organization, data entry, and customer service skills.
- Process all manual claim payments daily by 11:00 am, outside of CLAIMS/A43C
- Retrieve the electronic manual claim vouchers by 2:00 pm daily
- Return electronic processed vouchers to FOCS by 8:00 am for certification daily
- Download the Treasury Disbursement Statistics (AX2) and Daily Non-EFT Held Payment (LX1) Reports utilizing Distributive EnterPrise Controller (DEPCON) daily and save to SFPID SharePoint site
- Remit electronically via email to the Cash Management Branch (CMB) the AX2 by 11:00 am daily
- Monitor the LX1 daily, research why the payment was rejected, and perform outreach to mortgagees for correction within five (5) business days of appearing on the report
- Extract payment data from Home Equity Reverse Mortgage Information Technology (HERMIT) by 9:30 am daily and remit payment the same day by 12:00 pm
- Review and verify manual payments against the disbursement confirmation reports daily
- Match CLAIMS/A43C paid claim source documents to the payment schedules for all claim types and resolve any discrepancies identified within five (5) business days
- Mark each voucher with the paid date per the Disbursement Report received from CMB twice a week
- Send the paid voucher and Advice of Payment (AOP) to the Mortgagee once received from CMB twice a week
- Prepare the claim documents including disbursement sheet and AOP for digital archive twice a week
- Prepare and submit a CWR that include a File Status Report with the paid total claims
- Prepare and submit a CMR that contains the CWRs for that month and a Non-Held Payment Status Report to the SCOR/COR monthly
- Prepare and submit a comprehensive Monthly Report detailing all activities, accomplishments and challenges related to the position and of the team collectively. Assist Team members as they provide comprehensive input to the Team Monthly Report with sufficient detail to keep the customer (HUD) and employer (IGH) informed of team progress and needs.
Qualified Candidates must have:
Minimum Experience – We will train, but insurance claims processing experience, particularly HUD experience, is preferred. Other experience preferred includes: Regulatory, Compliance, Quality Assurance, Due Diligence and Risk-Based Audit Reviews within the federal sector with a particular focus on Single Family Claims.
Minimum Education – High School Diploma
This is a full-time position. The individual filling this position will work at IGH headquarters, 7426 Alban Station Blvd., Suite B-218, Springfield, Virginia 22150.
Must be available between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday EST, except Federal Holidays or when the Government facility is closed for administrative reasons.
IGH offers a competitive benefits program which includes: 15 paid PTO days, 401K (4% company match), Company paid Life Insurance Policy, and comprehensive Health, Vision, Dental Plan and disability plans