The incumbent is responsible for providing basic assistance to sample preparation operations of the laboratory. This position reports directly to the supervisor of the department in which they are working. Qualifications will vary depending upon which department the incumbent is working in and the specifics of the duties they are carrying out.
1. Prepare, homogenize, and weigh samples for analysis.
2. Quality control monitoring to include but not be limited to recording of daily temperatures, daily weigh checks, monthly pipette and syringe calibrations., etc.
3. Collect, wash and dry glassware and other containers used throughout the laboratory and return to the designated locations in the laboratory. Conduct residue test on glassware as needed.
4. Ensure department is stocked with necessary supplies.
5. Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory and surrounding areas.
6. Assist the maintenance and janitorial personnel with other cleaning requirements as requested.
7. Update logbooks and maintenance records as required.
8. Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
9. Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process. Perform necessary tasks related to quality control parameters for the function being performed.
10. This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed non-conforming system and notifies the supervisor.
11. Adhere to all safety policies.
12. May be asked to assist other departments in the capacity of lab assistant.
13. Perform other related duties as needed.