Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in offering exceptional service
- Passion for producing fantastic quality food and beverages
- Ethical Conduct
- Team Player
- Follow instructions; responds to management direction; ability to work independently and part of a team; keeps commitments
- General math skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Initiative – Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer/guests/visitors’ needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and skillfully analyses information; impeccable attention to detail.
- Dependability – Follows instructions; Responds to management direction; ability to work independently and part of a team; keeps commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and can be easily understood; Tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of audience; Maintains eye contact when speaking with others.
- Flexibility: Openness to new ways of accomplishing assigned work and duties
- Thoroughness: Ensuring one’s own work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel with hands and arms. This position will require standing and walking for long periods throughout the day on uneven surfaces or across company property. The employee may reach above should heights or below the waist or lift as required to file or store materials throughout the day. Proper lifting techniques are required. The individual must be able to lift 50 lbs and use proper lifting techniques. Lifting items include but are not limited to pots/pans, kitchen equipment, food, boxes, dishware, etc.
Stand or sit stationary position: must be able to remain standing during the entire shift.
Walk, move, traverse: This person in this position needs to be frequently moving about inside and outside the Milk House Market to access food, utensils, serving dishes, glasses, dishware, etc.
Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place and Detect: Position operates knives, slicers, cooking utensils, pots, pans, brooms, mop, etc. Also, this person will constantly use hands to inspect, complete and maintain inventory, check products in and out, etc.
Talk/hear communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information: The person in this position frequently communicates with the onsite staff, vendors, guests, and visitors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
See, detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, access: This individual must be able to detect all areas of cleanliness and recognize when items are worn and/or a safety issue or concern. Must be able to make judgements to ensure the proper upkeep and safety.
Taste/smell detect, distinguish, determine: Occasionally, this individual must be able to distinguish odor that may indicate spoilage, hazards and/or an unclean environment.
Carry weight, lift move, transport, position, put, install, remove: Frequently, this individual moves items such as cases of meat, fish, produce and dry goods weighing up to 50 pounds into Walk-in Refrigeration/Freezer and Dry Storeroom, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time regular position. Weekends and holidays are generally busy and requires flexible scheduling as needed during peak and off-season periods.
There will be no travel required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager and Senior Management.
Natural Retreats US, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), AIDS/HIV, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, Team Member activities and general treatment during employment.