The purpose of this position is to service, test and repair electronic life safety systems including Fire and
Burglar Alarms, CCTV, Access Control and Nurse Call systems in commercial and industrial
environments and to provide excellent customer service to our clients.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Service and repair specified electronic life safety systems and peripheral devices.
2. Shall demonstrate a certain degree of initiative, accuracy, ingenuity, independence, problemsolving
ability, and good communication skills.
3. Maintains compliance with company policies; consults with supervisor/management to ensure
consistent corrective measures are taken and documentation completed.
4. Test and verify that all systems and devices (alarm panels, sirens, horns, strobes, etc.) function
properly and in accordance to manufacturer's specifications and to ensure excellent customer
5. Use a multi-meter for particular voltage and resistance readings and circuit analysis.
6. Use various hand and power tools such as drills and screwdriver for service or installation
7. Program or re-program systems using programming software, computers, or programming tools.
8. Keep company vehicle clean and in good operating order (i.e. handle periodic oil changes, fueling,
washing of vehicle, etc.).
9. Explain and demonstrate to the customer what has been serviced and/or corrected.
10. Complete proper paperwork and submit to the appropriate department on a daily basis.
11. Communicate with clients and co-workers.
12. On-call as required.
13. May oversee other technicians as required.
14. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by interacting with the Midwest Alarm Services
internal/external customers (including, but not limited to: current customers, prospective
customers, clients, vendors, co-workers, supervisors and management) in a mutually respectful
manner regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation and all other protected classes.
MAS - Technician job description 2
15. Adhere to the highest standards of ethical business conduct and compliance by acting lawfully,
ethically, honestly and professionally in the performance of their jobs at all times as well as be in
compliance with company policy and procedures as it relates to their job function.
16. When appropriate, inform customers of Midwest Alarm Services of products and services and
refer business to appropriate department.
17. As this position develops, the employee may be assigned additional duties or special projects as
deemed necessary by management.
18. Assume responsibility for understanding and complying with Midwest Alarm Services attendance
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodations
Education and/or Experience:1. High School Diploma or GED is required.2. Degree in Electronics or 1-3 year’s related experience/training preferred or equivalentcombination of education and experience is required.3. Must meet all proficiencies of a Technician Level II.4. Must have NICET II Certification within 2 years of employment.5. Must have familiarity with various types of reporting formats and technologies.
Licensure/Certification:1. Must be able to obtain specified license/certifications to perform work in the security industryaccording to the rules and regulations prescribed by the State in which the branch operates.2. Must meet all proficiencies or a NICET Level II technician.3. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:1. Must have ability to service Notifier, Simplex, EST or similar fire alarm systems.2. Must have ability to service Video Surveillance/CCTV systems.3. Must have ability to service Card Access systems.4. Must have ability to service Nurse Call Systems.5. Must have knowledge of fire and electrical codes to ensure safe and proper installation of lifesafety systems and devices.6. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, businesscorrespondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond toquestions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.7. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals.8. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Abilityto interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealwith several abstract and concrete variables.9. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to customer serviceskills.10. Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.MAS – Technician job description 311. Must be capable of handling stressful situations without decreasing productivity.12. Must be able to be on-call.13. Must possess the values important to Midwest Alarm Services – Integrity, Communication,Excellent Service, and Accountability.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The employee will be required to carry and climb ladders, carry and pull spools of wire and hangequipment on walls. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to usehands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, reach with hands and arms,and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/ormove up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounterswhile performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high,precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions;extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will vary frommoderate to loud and will depend upon the type of environment in which the customer is located.
Per Mar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://PerMarSecurityServices.appone.com