Job Title: Branch Manager
Reports to: Branch Administration
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: EX02
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full-service branch office, including operations, lending, product sales, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank's objectives. Develops new deposit and loan business; provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Provides leadership, training and supervision; delegates day to day operations to the head teller or other branch personnel. Responsible for attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management programs. Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of Directors.
- Build and promote branch identity, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
- Implements and administers new products or programs including sales promotion and incentive programs, encourages staff member participation to stimulate new growth.
- Originates residential mortgage applications.
- Makes recommendations on the following issues which are given particular weight; recruiting, hiring, assigning jobs, promotions, performance appraisals, salary decisions, counseling, disciplines, and terminations.
- Provides training in bank policies and procedures; conducts regular staff meetings.
- Maintains prescribed security controls to protect against criminal and fraudulent activity and unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Maintains communications between the branch and management through regular reporting and attending staff meetings.
- Knows all features and benefits of bank's products, programs and services.
- Supervises assistant manager, head teller and tellers.
- Provides quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects in adherence with company policy.
- Handles customer issues in person or over the phone with their bank product or service by assisting in researching and solving the issue.
- Reviews and approves requests to include approval to cash large checks, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas such as operating control loss, tellers' level of experience, bank secrecy, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours:
Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous banking experience.
Occasionally upon request.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterity to handle money.
- Must use hands to operate office machines.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.