Reports to: Head of School
The i3 Academy Office Manager’s primary responsibility will be to create a warm and welcoming environment for all stakeholders who interact with i3 Academy. The office manager will be responsible for setting up systems and processes that help provide a high level of customer service to students, families, educators, and community members. Our mission is to empower learners to be agents of change for the problems they see in their world. I3 Academy is a startup school and will require individuals who are highly flexible and willing to go above and beyond.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
• Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and volunteers; following up on work results.
• Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Achieves financial objectives by managing the organizational budget, scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Maintains/uses confidentiality with respect to personnel and pupil matters.
• Maintain and ensure accuracy of Student Information Systems and submit monthly enrollment reports
• Perform secretarial functions for the principal which include typing correspondence; coordinating and maintaining calendars, master schedules, handbooks, reports and work orders; arranging conferences, appointments and events; and ordering and maintaining office and instructional supplies
• Maintain absence, registration, transcripts, and other files and records related to students, including confidential records, and assist in compiling information and preparing reports
• Process and distribute all incoming mail for the principal and staff
• Serve as chief information receptionist, greeting visitors and responding to routine inquiries
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Acts as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Expedience in office management
• Ability to work with constant interruptions and remain focused; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; learn new procedures and upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Professional appearance and manner
• Knowledge of Ed Code preferable (or interest in learning)
• A.A. Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2 plus years in fast-paced, ever changing administrative position; experience in a school environment preferable
• Some supervisory experience preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, network printing, copiers and fax machines
• Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred