This position ensures a smooth workflow, creates reports, organizes, proactively manages schedules and routinely communicates with a wide array of individuals while supporting the work of the zoo’s mission and vision as described in the strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Zoo For All initiative including printing Community Access Program tickets and helping coordinate events.
- Schedule behind-the-scenes tours for Engagement.
- Support Public Affairs and Advocacy efforts, including tasks associated with the management agreement, ballot initiatives, and state and federal efforts.
- Act as a liaison with zoo staff, volunteers, elected officials, community-based organizations and professional peers.
- Assist with budget management and process for the department.
- Make appointments, coordinate, and keeps up-to-date calendars for department VP and directors.
- Make travel arrangements and prepares expense vouchers for department VP and directors.
- Schedule and coordinate Public Affairs Committee meetings.
- Take and transcribe minutes for meetings ass needed, including Public Affairs Committee and internal team meetings.
- Serve as a team coordinator for specially assigned projects.
- Maintain confidentiality of stakeholder and government official background and information.
- Work with other management and administrative staff within the Engagement department as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all departments within the organization, in a highly professional manner with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality, while handling sensitive material concerning the organization.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient use of computer and Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to learn other software programs as necessary.
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures and ability to maintain budget records.
- Ability to use a projector and laptop to run meeting presentations and/or videos.
- This position may be required to lift up to 30lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications are only accepted online through our Jobs page at www.zoo.org; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are REQUIRED when applying for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are due prior to 12:00 AM on the posted Close date (i.e. by 11:59 PM the evening before).
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.