• Opening/closing offices.
• Communicate with housekeeping and maintenance on daily arrivals and guest requests.
• Responsible for reporting all guest and owner communications to Guest Services Manager.
• Answer correspondence from guests, homeowners, and vendors. Create and follow up on related work orders and ensure proper follow up.
• Assist in communicating pertinent information via log book and email
• Prepare daily reports as directed by Front Office Manager
• Perform all check in/out of Natural Retreats guests within the property management system
• Assist with check-ins when required.
• Record all guest and owner communications called into office and enter in Work Order System. Follow up with person assigned to daily
• Maintain a clean, un-cluttered front desk work area.
• Assist and follow up with all VIP guest issues.
• Assist with billing all billable items directly to guest folio and obtaining guest payment at the time of Check-in.
• Communicate with Guest Services Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Silver Star General Manager on all guest service requests, incidental charges etcetera.
• Assist all guest and homeowner billing that pertains to the Guest Services Department.
• Oversee all training of new team members. Assist in maintaining continued training for Front Desk staff. Assist in coaching, counseling, and developing of Front
• Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skill development.
• Assist with all Service Recovery moments within the Guest Services Department or escalate to the Guest Services Manager, as needed.
• Schedule and perform private check-ins at homes.
• Utilize NRES and ALICE to build itineraries for incoming guests.
• Assist guest service staff to ensure each guest is contacted by a member of the concierge staff within 24 hours of booking.
• Assist with communication and confirming owner/guest of owner bookings- including online bookings.
• Assist with office duties including but not limited to Key / In-Home Guidebook inventory and packets for future arrivals.
• Build and maintain relationships with outside vendors.
• Complete departure and/or security checks as needed.
• Responsible for reporting of guest incidental charges (lost keys, phone use, deliveries, etc.) to Housekeeping Manager.
• Work with Housekeeping Manager and the Maintenance Manager in maintaining full inventory, documenting any damage to properties, etc.
• Complete and oversee inspections checks for all units prior to arrivals.
• Aiding the concierge staff and front desk staff as needed with guest correspondence, phone calls, inspections and check-ins for all guests.
• Create a positive work environment while upholding current policies and procedures. Adjust existing procedures on a case by case basis and create new procedures to aid in the day to day operations of the guest services team.
• Log and track the receipt and distribution of all guest and Silver Star owner packages.
• Answer phones in a professional manner, take messages and distribute as required.
• Responsible for detailed knowledge of property inventory, location, amenities etc.
• General office cleaning as assigned.
• Proven ability to manage multi-tasked assignments.
• Must be hands on in all areas of the Guest Services
• Other duties as assigned by Silver Star General Manager
Necessary Skills and or Education
He or she should possess the personal skills necessary to represent Natural Retreats in a professional manner whenever interfacing with guests, owners and industry peers. Including but not limited to taking detailed information and replying to it, deescalating owner and guest complaints with support from management to a mutually acceptable outcome. Typing and computer skills are required which will allow him or her to efficiently communicate with guests, fellow employees and industry peers. Computer skills will include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience: Minimum one year of hospitality experience, supervisory experience preferred, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Luxury background in a similar role preferred.
• Attain expert knowledge of Park City and provide guests with any requested information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel with hands and arms. This position will require walking for periods throughout the day on uneven surfaces or across company property and into homes. The employee may have to reach above shoulder height or below the waist or lift as required to file or store materials throughout the day. Proper lifting techniques are required. The individual must be able to lift 50 lbs and use proper lifting techniques. Lifting items include but are not limited to heavy packages, laundry, etc.
*Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hours of work
Due to the nature of the job, the Guest Services Manager should be flexible with their hours. Weekends are required and will generally be busy and considered working days with guest arrivals and departures although these can be covered on request and approval of the General Manager. Guests can arrive at unpredictable times, and the Guest Services Manager should always be available in case of emergency, which includes evenings and on call hours. Leaders should anticipate working a rotating schedule, shift work, weekends and holidays.