The Clearing is a management consultancy that brings a powerful blend of analytic and creative skills from diverse fields, including corporate strategy, communications, change management, finance, policy, design, engineering, and corporate leadership. Our particular expertise is focused on helping leaders develop and gain internal and external support for their innovation, cause, or value initiative and assessing the value of this new initiative. Distinctive from other management consultancies, we focus first on addressing the social complexity inherent in innovation in large corporations and institutions. Using a mix of creative change management, financial analysis, and strategic communication techniques, we help leaders and their teams achieve clarity on what is at stake, understand and manage the external and internal resistance to their value initiative, and define the critical path to achieve operational results and return on investment. The Clearing supports public and private clients, both domestically and internationally.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. However, the nature of The Clearing’s work and project-based environment requires travel to client locations in and around the D.C. metro area, including the greater Baltimore area. Occasional travel outside the D.C. metro area or out of state may be required at times.
A Consultant manages small projects or project tasks to deadlines and manages small teams (1-3 staff members), with limited supervision. The Consultant designs and manages production of client-ready deliverables, demonstrating ability to determine/prioritize activities, and to manage resources to implement tasks.
The Consultant supports the Project Manager and team in a variety of tasks, as requested, including knowledge capture and action items tracking, meeting report development, and logistics support. In addition, the Consultant supports the Project Manager with contractual requirements (e.g., client status reports). S/he is able to create client-ready deliverables.
The Consultant creates and maintains strong client relationships, advising clients in one-on-one conversations and managing client meetings. The Consultant demonstrates an ability to convey complex information in simple and clear ways. S/he owns accountability for work products and contributes to the overall success of the client engagement.
As a result of exceptional work products and relationships, the Consultant identifies new business opportunities within existing client projects. The Consultant supports Project Managers and sales teams in proposal development and pursuing new sales leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITEIS:
- Engage with clients and successfully advise in one-on-one conversations
- Facilitate and manage client meetings to successfully achieve identified, desired outcomes
- Manage project lanes or small projects to completion by scoping tasks and managing resources to complete such tasks on time, within budget, and to specifications
- Effectively lead small teams with limited supervision
- Manage financial aspects of project lane/project to include: time tracking/reporting, expense reporting, invoicing, task planning, status reporting
- Research and analysis in support of client projects and meetings
- Logistical support (e.g., travel, scheduling, on site meeting support)
- Knowledge capture activity for external and internal meetings
- Presentation of research findings (e.g., Excel charts, Power Point presentations) and support for production of major client deliverables
- Basic quantitative data analysis
- Proposal development contributions; sometimes serving as a proposal coordinator
- Support of internal TC activities and knowledge management efforts
ESSENTIAL REQURIEMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 -7 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong business writing abilities are a must as well as strong editing skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation creation tools, and internet research tools
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Strong organization skills and attention-to-detail
- Firm customer service orientation at all times
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with an innate ability to solve complex problems creatively
- Ability to remain positive, flexible, and action-oriented in a fast-paced, emerging field where complexity and ambiguity are the norms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to easily communicate ideas and findings. Ability to synthesize and succinctly articulate research findings
- Ability to collaborate well with a team and work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong work ethic and positive, proactive approach to problem-solving
- A desire to learn, grow, and undertake new challenges to build out new knowledge sets and advise clients directly
- Strong professional etiquette while interacting with TC peers and external clients
- Familiarity and an interest in business development/sales a plus
- Current government suitability clearance highly preferred
The Clearing is an Equal Opportunity M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer