Allied Oil & Supply, Inc. is a family owned business head-quartered in Omaha, NE. Allied Oil is a lubricant distribution business which sells to the passenger car, truck, and manufacturing segments. The company's six branches sell and distribute premium branded product such as: Shell, Petro-Canada, Chevron, Valvoline, Premium Blue, & Allied private label. The company has locations in Omaha, NE, Sioux Falls, SD, Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, Joplin, MO, and Wichita, KS.
The ideal candidate must be an organized professional with a great eye for detail. This person must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The General Accountant will be responsible for keeping the accounting and financial processes of the company up to GAAP standards and ensure accurate financial reporting and controls are maintained.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist the V.P. with all accounting functions for the organization.
- Assist in ensuring all financial statements are completed timely and accurately while following all regulatory and accounting guidelines.
- Responsible for all cash management by reviewing and reconciling daily bank entries at multiple locations.
- Manage and approve journal entries for the monthly and annual close processes.
- Assist with the monthly close process.
- Review and approve account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Preparation of multiple state sales tax returns, PPTX and RETX.
- Utilize accounting system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Responsible for asset management and depreciation schedules.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc analysis as requested
Experience with Asset Management
Cash and Account Reconciliation experience
General inventory knowledge
Knowledgeable with Sales Tax and other taxes
Document imaging and implementation is a plus
Accrual and forecasting experience
Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Acceptance Accounting Principles) and regulations
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced in Excel
Proficient with business accounting software
Well-organized and efficient with ability to prioritize
Effective communication and interpersonal skills with superiors and coworkers
Detail oriented and ability to problem solve
BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is a plus
7-10 years of accounting experience
Allied Oil & Supply, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.